NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.

ThirdCareerMedic

Forum Crew Member
Anyone ever hear of an bousniac mask?
Few questions regarding it:
How is it used?
When is it used?
Why should it be used over other ways of delivering o2?
Can you provide a good link (besides wiki) regarding the device
And what is the correct spelling?

Boussignac or Bousniac mask is part of a CPAP system. It has no moving parts. Check out this link: http://medgadget.com/2006/02/boussignac_cpap.html

For a video showing the use of a Boussignac mask CPAP system for EMS, check out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1ftWsVGnvQ

Hope this helps!

ThirdCareerMedic

Forum Crew Member
Cpap

Thanks for sharing the link to the handout! It is interesting to see the differences (often slight but not always!) between services....

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
LOL! And don't forget, he was THANKFUL!!

Ahh man I can't believe I left that part out haha. I never had the experience of riding my dinosaur to work :p hahaha

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Somedays I hate this job. If I could find another decent job working in the media, I'd go back to my previous career in a flash.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I find it pretty funny that in a group of 353 ambulances I can easily tell which ones are from California just by having them turn on their code 3 lights.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Lost my phone on a scene this morning. The patient had fallen 30 feet out of a tree stand, was extracted from the woods by her dad in their Yukon. When I was getting her out of the car, my phone fell out of my otterbox clip into the car.

Now I'm waiting for parents of a messed up trauma patient to get to worrying about me and my phone needs to stop by the station and drop it off.

I keep thinking of people I need to call.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Lost my phone on a scene this morning. The patient had fallen 30 feet out of a tree stand, was extracted from the woods by her dad in their Yukon. When I was getting her out of the car, my phone fell out of my otterbox clip into the car.

Now I'm waiting for parents of a messed up trauma patient to get to worrying about me and my phone needs to stop by the station and drop it off.

I keep thinking of people I need to call.

I miss the good old days of no cell phones was much more peaceful.

Anjel

Forum Angel
We don't have blue lights on our ambulances either. EMS/fire have red & whites and police have red & blue.

Ditto.