the 100% directionless thread

apagea99

Forum Lieutenant
Tonight, we celebrated the completion of my bachelors degree with 22 friends at a local Mexican restaurant. Things went downhill when I was handed a random shot of some sort of liquor (not sure it wasn't gas), followed by another and another and another. So I returned the favor by buying the table shots....the night ended with all of us taking shots of habanero sauce. Tomorrow should be an interesting bathroom day ...

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Tonight, we celebrated the completion of my bachelors degree with 22 friends at a local Mexican restaurant. Things went downhill when I was handed a random shot of some sort of liquor (not sure it wasn't gas), followed by another and another and another. So I returned the favor by buying the table shots....the night ended with all of us taking shots of habanero sauce. Tomorrow should be an interesting bathroom day ...

Oh you youngsters and all those brain cells burning a hole in your pocket lol

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
LOL I wish I was a youngster! Tequila is not my friend! :wacko:

Ahh well then in that case I have no sympathy for you whatsoever. Enjoy your hangover :)

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I love how I get promoted to medic and all I end up doing is driving my partner around for the most part...is it bad that I've been looking for reasons to make a call ALS so I can do something other than drive?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader

Did I win a bar tab in Auckland by taking an ABC (Absolute, Bacardi, Chartreuse) shot mixed with Tabasco sauce? Yes. Do I regret it? Yes. Still to this day.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Interview take two. Here goes nothing.

Anjel

Forum Angel

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I love how I get promoted to medic and all I end up doing is driving my partner around for the most part...is it bad that I've been looking for reasons to make a call ALS so I can do something other than drive?

Move here, EVERYTHING IS ALS. :ph34r:

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
Oh.... Is that bad?

Apparently, a lot of employers want to have exclusive use of you until you break. The sort of people who see EMS as a stepping stone usually also have other qualities that make them poor choices, like a capacity for independent thought and a concept of ethics.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Oh.... Is that bad?

I learned very quickly not to mention anything about CRNA school during interviews. They may ask where you see yourself in 5 years but they expect "Working here" as the answer not what you actually plan to do.

For certain positions they spend a lot of money to train you and they don't want to put the money in unless they feel like they will get a return back. Even when I wanted to transfer into a different tech position they refused because they didnt want to spend money training me since I graduated in 6 months because it wasn't worth to them for that short about of time.

Anjel

Forum Angel
I think it went fairly well. She was very interested in the schooling I was going through. She also specifically asked if I considered going on to become a nurse.

I answered honestly. I should know next week.

I told her working in the road wasn't a practical as I thought it was and I was looking for a long term position.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Busy busy busy. Promotional written exam is Monday, oral boards on Thursday. My 30 minute presentation for instructor class on STEMI Mimics is due on Wednesday. Plus, I'm on the truck Friday and Saturday days and Sunday and Monday nights.

Why am I doing all if this again?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
No you will not D/C the dopamine drip for me, that drip is staying just how it is, thank you.

I might be a new medic but last time I checked I can manage titrating a dope drip to set parameters during transport....

I am a very grumpy new medic and my partner isn't helping the cause.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
No you will not D/C the dopamine drip for me, that drip is staying just how it is, thank you.

I might be a new medic but last time I checked I can manage titrating a dope drip to set parameters during transport....

Story time?

VFlutter

Flight Nurse

Pop quiz: what are the 3 doses for Dopamine. Renal, Cardiac, and pressor?