the 100% directionless thread

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
nxp301.jpg

Lol just imagine how the women feel :)

I've actually been pleasantly surprised with the women I've met. With one notable exception that i try not to think to much about.

bigbaldguy

Tomorrow is my first day of paramedic school.

Oh man did they tell you about the mandatory beat down gauntlet that was the worst.

Seriously remember to protect your head and neck keep your abs tight and roll so they can't get the boot in to hard.

Congratulations man your gonna have a blast.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Lol just imagine how the women feel :)

I've actually been pleasantly surprised with the women I've met. With one notable exception that i try not to think to much about.

You met Jenna-Louise Coleman online?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
After reading that thread on gloves I realized, it is nice being able to choose between 3 different types of gloves supplied by the company and the 1 type that the hospitals have.

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
After reading that thread on gloves I realized, it is nice being able to choose between 3 different types of gloves supplied by the company and the 1 type that the hospitals have.

People at AMR need to stop taking everything for granted. I tell this to every partner that start complaining about there; highest paying emt 911 private company job, with all new technology (power gurney,tough book,etc), half a case of waters before shift, comfort stations, and unlimited OT.

I'm not saying you do, but just stirred my mind.

bigbaldguy

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Man, if I could. I would quit my job right now, go to school full time and get a degree, and get into CIS. My back is still hurting me pretty badly.... I'm not sure if it's worth it.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
People at AMR need to stop taking everything for granted. I tell this to every partner that start complaining about there; highest paying emt 911 private company job, with all new technology (power gurney,tough book,etc), half a case of waters before shift, comfort stations, and unlimited OT.

Comfort stations not so much (my unit not at all) and yep free water plus an ice chest to keep everything cold. Plus a lot of other perks from management.

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
Man, if I could. I would quit my job right now, go to school full time and get a degree, and get into CIS. My back is still hurting me pretty badly.... I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Honestly 2 person lifting is the best although most people don't. It is worse if you both dont lift right, but once you guys have it down it makes everything extremely light and easy.

I def understand the school thing. Hey AMR reimburses us up to 1k per semester I believe for school. Another good thing. Not much but people forget it is there.

Comfort stations not so much (my unit not at all) and yep free water plus an ice chest to keep everything cold. Plus a lot of other perks from management.

Ya ALS units have SSM so its understandable but for BLS, it can't be any easier. And little perks like I've said above^

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Honestly 2 person lifting is the best although most people don't. It is worse if you both dont lift right, but once you guys have it down it makes everything extremely light and easy.

I def understand the school thing. Hey AMR reimburses us up to 1k per semester I believe for school. Another good thing. Not much but people forget it is there.

Ya ALS units have SSM so its understandable but for BLS, it can't be any easier. And little perks like I've said above^

We don't have power gurney's for BLS. And our BLS out here dont get stations either, we post SSM just like ALS.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

The 1k is only for medic school and you also have to sign a 2 year contract with the company saying you will work full time as a medic for the company for 2 years.

When I went thru orientation we were told the 1k was not being offered anymore.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
The 1k is only for medic school and you also have to sign a 2 year contract with the company saying you will work full time as a medic for the company for 2 years.

When I went thru orientation we were told the 1k was not being offered anymore.

You may want to consider getting a job at a hospital as a tech. A few of the guys I work with went through medic school that way. At my hospital you get $4500 a year.

bigbaldguy

Sounds a bit like my place of work. They could give us all 10000 bonus checks and we would complain about having to walk allllll the way into the office to pick them up.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
You may want to consider getting a job at a hospital as a tech. A few of the guys I work with went through medic school that way. At my hospital you get $4500 a year.

As much as I wouldn't mind the pay the hospital setting is not for me. I would much rather take the lower pay and be out in the field. When I start medic school I'm paying my whole way through. I am not going to sign any contracts with anyone. No student loans and no student aid (from what I heard its alot of steps for it and more then likely I won't qualify for it).

In fact the only thing I like about the hospitals aside from the hot nurses and cool air are a couple of the doctors that are extremely funny.

shiroun

Forum Lieutenant
In fact the only thing I like about the hospitals aside from the hot nurses and cool air are a couple of the doctors that are extremely funny.

And a lot of the others suck :(.

Ofificially signed a contract for ROTC, and I'm in the ambulance core at my college. I haven't been on a lot due to socializing, and training. I hope you're all doing awesome, and that everything is great. I fully intend to read through this thread tonight.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Judgement day. Final scenarios in t-minus 4 1/2 hours....

Crap no more FTO after this...haha

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I don't even know why I pay for health insurance. 9 times out of 10 it doesn't cover anything I would need.