the 100% directionless thread

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
2 Semesters chem, 2 semester calc, 1 semester psych, 1 semester sociology, 1 semester English, 1 semester stats, and 2 semesters biology coming up. Not great, but it's really all I've had time for considering I'm a political science major and took worthless classes as a freshman.

Ah, beat me. I have 1 semester calc (covered Calc 1 and 2), 1 semester calc-based stats, 3 semesters of bio (2 of 3 w/lab), and 1 semester of psych. Sounds like I need to bone up on physical sciences. Econ major, myself.

When do you graduate? I'm May of 2013.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I'm currently under a Tropical Storm Watch. w00t!

Epi-do

I see dead people
Mental health days are wayyyyy underrated. Granted all the stressors I currently have are still in place, but I am feeling like I am in a much better place to be able to deal with them now.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
So I was all stoked that I'd never have to do a NICU transport since I'm a medic now and the usually send an intermediate driver with the NICU transport team...boy was I wrong. 3 hours of waiting and counting with a 2 hour drive behind me then another's he same 2 hour drive home with the little one. Needless to say, I won't be getting off on time tonight.

Note to all you NICU transport team members out there: don't argue with the paramedic when he says he's note running code through BFE when there's no one around. 1) the sirens don't make us go faster, I'll speed and light up if we hit traffic but that's my final offer 2) it's my rig and my responsibility, 3) if we don't make it there it's not going to help the babe at all...

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Mental health days are wayyyyy underrated. Granted all the stressors I currently have are still in place, but I am feeling like I am in a much better place to be able to deal with them now.

I took one just 2 weeks ago, they're always awesome when it leads to a 4 day weekend.

Considering that's only my second day I've taken off in 11 months, I'm not ashamed.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Maybe i should've cleaned up. Having my ointment out... well thats just weird!:rofl:

Lol I was just looking at my desk and ive got a big tube of ointment on it too. Use it for my mosquito bites.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Just had a VT/TDP arrest (caused by R-on-T PVC). Family decided not resuscitate. Progressed into VF them finally into asystole. Took 45 mins

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
What's BFE?

medic417

The Truth Provider

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
How I wish I just went to school right off the bat for nursing or something.

I am so sick of spending 40 hours a week locked in a box with complete morons.

JPINFV

Gadfly
How I wish I just went to school right off the bat for nursing or something.

I am so sick of spending 40 hours a week locked in a box with complete morons.

So you want to get out of a mobile box with windows to instead lock yourself in a windowless study room box for 40/hr a week? Either way, you're going to have to deal with complete morons.*

*feel free to substitute medical school with nursing school before anyone's underwear gets tangled.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
So you want to get out of a mobile box with windows to instead lock yourself in a windowless study room box for 40/hr a week? Either way, you're going to have to deal with complete morons.*

*feel free to substitute medical school with nursing school before anyone's underwear gets tangled.

Your fellow medical students are that dumb?

Today's partner gave aspirin to our asthma patient. Last week another partner gave benadryl to a food poisoning.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Your fellow medical students are that dumb?

Today's partner gave aspirin to our asthma patient. Last week another partner gave benadryl to a food poisoning.

Did he at least nebulize the aspirin? And food posioning is somewhat like an allergy. Kind of? Maybe?

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Did he at least nebulize the aspirin? And food posioning is somewhat like an allergy. Kind of? Maybe?

Nope! Talk about lazy!

Actually had the patient chew it. Can you believe that crap!