the 100% directionless thread

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
+1, There is something more to the story. I don't see how you would be kicked out of a program just because you pissed of a Dr unless the reason he was mad was some blatant disregard for an order or something that endangered a patient.

Yep. I've never seen any students removed from an EMT program unless it was for patient endangerment or an ethics violation.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Yep. I've never seen any students removed from an EMT program unless it was for patient endangerment or an ethics violation.

We had a guy kicked out because he was drinking a tilt during class. When the teacher confronted him his response was "Oh I thought it was just an energy drink" haha He did a lot of other dumb things and barely passed any of our tests so it was the final straw.

I think the label is pretty obvious.....

Tilt_Red.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
We had a guy kicked out because he was drinking a tilt during class. When the teacher confronted him his response was "Oh I thought it was just an energy drink" haha He did a lot of other dumb things and barely passed any of our tests so it was the final straw.

I think the label is pretty obvious.....

Tilt_Red.jpg

While I have never drank in class, I can't say that I didn't spend some time at the bar with some friends before we all meandered over to music appreciation...those days were always entertaining.

Different story all together though :p

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief
Now I really want to know what you did...

Can't say, for various reasons. However lets just say that pissing off physicians never ends well, even if you apologize profusely.

+1, There is something more to the story. I don't see how you would be kicked out of a program just because you pissed of a Dr unless the reason he was mad was some blatant disregard for an order or something that endangered a patient.

24870944.jpg

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

We've removed several students for reasons other than ethics and patient endangerment...

shiroun

Forum Lieutenant
EMS is a small community.

I wouldn't take getting booted from a course so lightly. It could end up following you for the rest of your career. I especially wouldn't go around posting it up on the internet...

In all seriousness good luck on finding a new course, I hope things work out for you.

Now I'm nitpicking but why does your training say EMT-B if you haven't passed a class?

Kinda nitpicking a bit there, but it's fine. I'll get around to changing it.

EMS isn't as small a community as you make it out to be. That and only four people (outside my immediate family) know I was kicked out, and I highly doubt 3 of them use this website. Even if they do, they have no proof it's me.

Neither. The doc was just very vindictive, and it caused me a lot more drama then it should have. If you're really that interested, PM me.

With that said, I'm leaving this state soon, and I won't be returning to work here. I never did like suburban life, and I'm going to be in the military soon.

Also, trying to "get it on" in a mustang isn't easy. I learned that the hard (no pun intended) way tonight.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Beauty sticks the beast or watch BBG almost pass out :)

The back story on this is I screwed up on my first try getting an IV started on her but she was nice enough to let me try a second time. Then she nails mine on the first try. I felt awful :/

Video

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
I missed my first few on a guy with tree trunks for veins. Don't worry about it

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I missed my first few on a guy with tree trunks for veins. Don't worry about it

The biggest veins are sometimes the hardest to hit, they roll all over the place if you don't hold good traction and even then they still tend to roll.

BBG don't worry about it. Like anything, it takes practice.

bigbaldguy

Thanks guys. I wasn't to worried about missing just that I had to stick her twice. She was very cool about it. I went for a vein very low on her arm just above her wrist but should have gone for the big one further up her arm to begin with.

You guys know that that's a video right?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Thanks guys. I wasn't to worried about missing just that I had to stick her twice. She was very cool about it. I went for a vein very low on her arm just above her wrist but should have gone for the big one further up her arm to begin with.

You guys know that that's a video right?

Yep. I watched it. I don't have sound on my computer so i'll have to watch it with sound later. For what it's worth I'm a big advocate of trying to hit the harder veins when practicing rather than shooting for the pipes. With that said starting with bigger ones helps get your confidence up. Just remember, do it nice and quick, it actually hurts less that way.

If it makes you feel any better I made a total *** of myself on scene today in front of the pt's roommate, fire, PD and my FTO. PM me or facebook me and I'll tell you all the fun exciting bits of the story.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
BBG, you look exactly like one of our supervisors :unsure:

bigbaldguy

BBG, you look exactly like one of our supervisors :unsure:

Damn I've been found out. To the escape pod. This is going in your permanent work file mister.

Seriously though why would you say something like that about your supervisor. If he reads that he really will get you fired.

bigbaldguy

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Damn I've been found out. To the escape pod. This is going in your permanent work file mister.

Seriously though why would you say something like that about your supervisor. If he reads that he really will get you fired.

I just said look like him. You act a lot better than he does

bigbaldguy