the 100% directionless thread

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
What about the 10 other people who aren't you who are wondering what the heck this DIC thing is.

True, sorry I think the whole world revolves around me when I'm the quoted post haha

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
SebCoe!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
/shrugs.

I did that all the time while my partner was doing other work. What exactly is there to help out with that anyways?

We kind of have one of these:

http://www.itecmfg.com/tankboss

Ours doesn't have the fancy electric lift tho. It's basically a stand where we pivot the tank to make it really easy. But it never gets used

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I forgot how much 24hr shifts suck when you get no sleep the whole time.

Only if it's been a while :p It's expected at my station, so it doesn't even phase me anymore. I was surprised I was able to get in my whole workout today in one attempt!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
So my FTO is getting pulled off the unit tomorrow for an interview for 2.5 hours. I'm guessing they are going to put me through my first scenario when they pull him. As ready as I feel that mannequin always makes things more interesting...

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Only if it's been a while :p It's expected at my station, so it doesn't even phase me anymore. I was surprised I was able to get in my whole workout today in one attempt!

Yeah its been awhile. Im just happy someone stepped up tonight and saved me from a 36hr shift. I was prepared to go to a far away station and supervise from a couch with the radio and phone lol.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
What about the 10 other people who aren't you who are wondering what the heck this DIC thing is.

Yeah I would have had to google it and and I hate googling acronyms.

bigbaldguy

Just found out from a long time medic at my company that a little while back in order to get in one gang you had to shoot/kill a police officer, firefighter, or EMS worker.

Our protocol for that year was drive really fast to the scene of any call, scoop them up ASAP, and transport really fast to the hospital. During that time a lot of our employees went out and bought bullet resistant vests. Crazy :wacko:

Urban legend at least here in the US, although that may change now that the gangs from Mexico are moving in.

Although there are a couple of bike gangs that have something like this with police officers.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Urban legend at least here in the US, although that may change now that the gangs from Mexico are moving in.
Zetas already have a strong presence down here :ph34r:

bigbaldguy

Zetas already have a strong presence down here :ph34r:

True but they so far are not pulling off the kind of nastiness they pull in Mexico so as to avoid getting stomped on. I imagine we will see some major escalation once their numbers build.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
True but they so far are not pulling off the kind of nastiness they pull in Mexico so as to avoid getting stomped on. I imagine we will see some major escalation once their numbers build.

Actually they've tried. PD, FBI, ATF, and others have done a great job at stopping several incidents that could have caused significant casualties. It's certainly not like it is near the border, but they are definitely encroaching.

Asclepius911

Forum Lieutenant
I think at one time back in the 90's it was that violent in LA, I lived here my whole life and I've seen open gun fire in a park full of people between gangs, but gangs have been declining since the 2000's. Its a new era, gangster rap and violent music has declined, and so has violent activity. My theory is because (Maybe ) "minorities" began seeing that there are more opportunities out there than just gangs, plus the 9/11 incident gave alot of these gang members jobs as tsa, or joining the military, allowing them to make more than they would on the steets... like I said before, its just a theory

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I think you're talking about this, the O2X: http://www.amazon.com/O2X-99-Oxygen-Mobilizer-Cylinder-Loading/dp/B004GLBAEO

Doesn't appear to be manufactured anymore. We have one at one of my jobs. It sure beats manhandling an H-Tank.

For some reason, the horizontal-load O2 tanks seem to be a west-coast thing. There's a lot of that. AMR seems to run Leader vans (with the overhead control panel/ siren) on the west coast, while the east coast runs AEV's.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I think you're talking about this, the O2X: http://www.amazon.com/O2X-99-Oxygen-Mobilizer-Cylinder-Loading/dp/B004GLBAEO

Doesn't appear to be manufactured anymore. We have one at one of my jobs. It sure beats manhandling an H-Tank.

For some reason, the horizontal-load O2 tanks seem to be a west-coast thing. There's a lot of that. AMR seems to run Leader vans (with the overhead control panel/ siren) on the west coast, while the east coast runs AEV's.

bigbaldguy

Infraction issued for double post :)

Epi-do

I see dead people
Mandatory vacation? :p

Ooohhh!!!!! Pick me!!! I could totally use a vacation! Can I get a cabana boy bringing me fruity alcoholic beverages in a coconut with one of those little paper umbrellas stuck in it, lots of sunshine, white sandy beaches, ocean waves, an no one else around for miles and mile? If not, then I guess I will pass.