the 100% directionless thread

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Hmmm a local search and rescue team requires all volunteer members to go through an arrest and firearm course to carry when volunteering. Plus they work with horses, K-9s, offroad vehicles, and helicopters. Looks like I'll be putting in an application when I turn 21.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Hmmm a local search and rescue team requires all volunteer members to go through an arrest and firearm course to carry when volunteering. Plus they work with horses, K-9s, offroad vehicles, and helicopters. Looks like I'll be putting in an application when I turn 21.

Wait wait wait.

Helicopters? Horses? Search dogs?
OFF-road vehicles?

Ohmygawd.

That's freakin' awesome, dude!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Wait wait wait.

Helicopters? Horses? Search dogs?
OFF-road vehicles?

Ohmygawd.

That's freakin' awesome, dude!

And guns.

Thats like an "11" on the awesome scale!

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
My, oh my, where to start. Things have been weird for me for a couple years. Need someone who will understand.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Welcome back, stranger!

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
Thank you, thank you, it has certainly been a roller coaster. I believe you've all met my new (and Oh so much better is every way) husband. He is registered here as LACoCowboyEMT. And he really is an EMT (yeah, we met on the job :hangs head:)

Anjel

Forum Angel
Thank you, thank you, it has certainly been a roller coaster. I believe you've all met my new (and Oh so much better is every way) husband. He is registered here as LACoCowboyEMT. And he really is an EMT (yeah, we met on the job :hangs head:)

Well welcome back.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I didn't kill anyone. It was a good day.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
I'm glad someone I know had a good day.

My day was a nightmare, topped off by having my ambulance go out of service because the antenna fell off.

bigbaldguy

Just in case you think CLs do nothing all day but sit around and drink beer, well you're wrong. We don't do it all day. Usually.

IMG_20120804_183853.jpg

We eat really healthy while we're doing it to :)

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Excellent choice of fermented beverage there, Jon.

bigbaldguy

Excellent choice of fermented beverage there, Jon.

Hey I get dollar coors lights and believe it or not I occasionally crave a really tasteless beer.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Just in case you think CLs do nothing all day but sit around and drink beer, well you're wrong. We don't do it all day. Usually.

IMG_20120804_183853.jpg

We eat really healthy while we're doing it to :)

Dude....I swear you have been a steward on at least one of my flights before. You look so darn familiar. When I get back to Texas, we are definitely going to have to get together.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
My day was bad too.

shiroun

Forum Lieutenant
My day was bad too.

Sitting thinking bud, my day aint too great either.

Someone refer me to the areas in the laws regarding patient contact outside of direct care, for a volunteer in a hospital? This is actually really important, and I need to know what applies, ASAP.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
If you need legal advice talk to a lawyer. Laws like that are often location dependent and vary from state to sate.

shiroun

Forum Lieutenant
If you need legal advice talk to a lawyer. Laws like that are often location dependent and vary from state to sate.

I don't need legal advice. It's personal advice. I got on-shift today at a hospital (volunteering), spent two hours in trauma, and then four more hours sitting by a patient who was a .215 etOH helping her feel better. I left before she was discharged, and I just want to be sure she's okay. However I'm not sure what ruling that would be under. Since I'm not a paid employee, it shouldnt be a problem, but I'm not sure.