the 100% directionless thread

shiroun

Forum Lieutenant
I haven't seen the girl im with in around a week, after being around her almost daily for the last couple of months. I'm actually getting kind-of worried. After she got her shark week

even though she's missed it for the last month and a half (she was..or thought she was, pregnant).

I'm only slightly worried though, at the moment. I'm not sure whether to ask her about it, or just let it go. Namely because it wasn't me who knocked her up, and also because I don't want to seem like an idiot.

Also, Achillies, you've gained a guardian angel. Don't worry, those you love stay with you. The body is transient, the soul clings to that which it loves.

Last edited by a moderator:

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Sad to say, and in spite of having loaded dishwashers since about 1967, I never do it "right", either. No matter whose dishwasher I'm loading, someone tells me I'm doing it wrong. If it's my own dishwasher, hubby always has a better idea. No, seriously, not just an idea he thinks is better: an actual better idea.

I'm competent, even highly competent, at some things, but loading the dishwasher is NOT one of them.

I console myself with the fact that I actually make really good jam.

It's not that there's technically a "right" way to do it. Rather, it's the fact that they randomly throw dishes in, creating a massive waste of space.

ShannahQuilts

Forum Crew Member
Well, I wouldn't say I actually throw them in, but I don't take a lot of time over it, either. If I want to do something painstaking, I'll go make a quilt or knit lace.

I'd make hubby load the dishwasher, but the thing is, I'm too short to unload it, so he'd have to do it all.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Gotta love getting chastised by an ER nurse for giving pain meds to someone that needed them because it meant they couldn't put the patient in triage.

He really didn't like when I told him my protocol says treat pain and I will irregardless of what the ER wants.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
You mean "regardless".

Regardless of what you have heard, “irregardless” is a redundancy. The suffix “-less” on the end of the word already makes the word negative. It doesn’t need the negative prefix “ir-” added to make it even more negative.

It's my BIGGEST grammar pet peeve.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I love backfilling posts while everyone else runs calls. I'm all for running calls but after a good old fashion asswhoopin' yesterday I'll take some downtime today, especially with studying to do for my FTO academy that starts tomorrow!

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
You mean "regardless".

Regardless of what you have heard, “irregardless” is a redundancy. The suffix “-less” on the end of the word already makes the word negative. It doesn’t need the negative prefix “ir-” added to make it even more negative.

Yeah I caught it when it was too late to edit and my phone had changed it from the correct way.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Just flew to, and out of Houston; was thoroughly disappointed when a certain shiny-headed steward wasn't on board :sad: ;)

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Just flew to, and out of Houston; was thoroughly disappointed when a certain shiny-headed steward wasn't on board :sad: ;)

Well there's 900 of us in Houston so it tends to be long odds :) Thanks for thinking of me though.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
That look of pure horror when your partner for the day asks for the fire/police/EMS discount at a fast food place.

That look of pure horror goes away when my partners card got declined and turns into :rofl:

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
You mean "regardless".

Never have a conversation with my father, then. He says that at least once a day :rofl:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Never have a conversation with my father, then. He says that at least once a day :rofl:

Irregardless of what you say I don't think I'll ever have a conversation with him :rofl::rofl::rofl:

TB 3541

Forum Lieutenant
You mean "regardless".

Even more than there, their, they're, then, and than?

TB 3541

Forum Lieutenant
A lowboy CDF tractor trailer with a bulldozer just blew through town code 3. Who needs a bulldozer that fast?