the 100% directionless thread

Drive 1 hour with a nurse to a hospital for a CCT transfer.....get there and find out another company already picked up the patient.

medicnick83

Forum Lieutenant
Drive 1 hour with a nurse to a hospital for a CCT transfer.....get there and find out another company already picked up the patient.

Ya! That must suck! no communication what so ever between services! :(

After a long 48 hour shift, checking out Prometheus in Imax 3D seems like a good way to cap off the weekend.

ToyotaTruck

Forum Crew Member
Hi everybody, ive been lurking for awhile in this thread so I thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself. Ive been an EMT for almost a year and I just got a job in Socal at a 911 company. Looking forward to the experience Im going to get and lots of downtime to post in this forum! I am ready to get with you all!

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Crazy weekend. Day shifts yesterday and today had several ped vs car, 4 trauma fly outs, at least 4 RSIs... and my station did 7 cancellations and 2 priority 3 transports.

We only have 8 medic units on. You'd think some of the craziness would have landed in my district.

Nope.

I continue my white cloud streak.

My partners enjoy it, but I'm bored.

Achilles

Forum Moron
I jailbroke my iPhone on Thursday, I should have done this years ago!!!

Sasha

Forum Chief
Hi everybody, ive been lurking for awhile in this thread so I thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself. Ive been an EMT for almost a year and I just got a job in Socal at a 911 company. Looking forward to the experience Im going to get and lots of downtime to post in this forum! I am ready to get with you all!

Hello and welcome.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
My buddy the dentist has been trying to talk me into going on this cruise with him. Some kind of dental CEU thing. I told him I would sooner chew my own arm off than go on a cruise with 300 dentists and their wives. We compromised I think we're going to go on a regular cruise. One where I can smile without feeling I'm being judged.

I asked my girlfriend about going on a cruise with me but she said that after 9 years in the navy she would pass. :)

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
My buddy the dentist has been trying to talk me into going on this cruise with him. Some kind of dental CEU thing. I told him I would sooner chew my own arm off than go on a cruise with 300 dentists and their wives. We compromised I think we're going to go on a regular cruise. One where I can smile without feeling I'm being judged.

I asked my girlfriend about going on a cruise with me but she said that after 9 years in the navy she would pass. :)

What, the only female dentists are lesbians? :p

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I jailbroke my iPhone on Thursday, I should have done this years ago!!!

I got my 3GS so I could use it down here in New Zealand, I'm kinda meh about it. It freezes more often now and it hates getting turned on from a dead battery (or just turning it off) to the point that it'll get stuck on the homescreen for hours without some TLC/force shutting it down repeatedly. Hopefully you have better luck.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

I've thought about going on a cruise as a navy vet, just so I can go to sea again and not have to work during it.

bigbaldguy

bigbaldguy

I've thought about going on a cruise as a navy vet, just so I can go to sea again and not have to work during it.

Ooo maybe we can both go. Make a real EMTLIFE vacay out of it.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Ooo maybe we can both go. Make a real EMTLIFE vacay out of it.

Gotta wait for a bit -you know I've got a new toy to pay off first.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
I think he meant that there are no female dentists.

Mans work, I guess?

I was going with the feminist version that there must be female dentists, which would mean they are all lesbians. I'm just being a smartarse :p

The only female dentists are married.

You said the dentists and their wives, which would mean any female dentist was married to a woman.

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I got bored at work today... and had a new lens to play with too... so ya...
tumblr_m5f6f04K4X1qdcwsto1_1280.jpg

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
I got bored at work today... and had a new lens to play with too... so ya...
tumblr_m5f6f04K4X1qdcwsto1_1280.jpg

I like that perspective, but lower, like your view when you're putting the stretcher in the bracket and your partner is on the bench already.

I have always wanted to write a blog with that pic as its banner. I just don't have the first bit of dedication to writing daily or even weekly.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I like that perspective, but lower, like your view when you're putting the stretcher in the bracket and your partner is on the bench already.

I have always wanted to write a blog with that pic as its banner. I just don't have the first bit of dedication to writing daily or even weekly.

I like that idea :) I'm already putting together a shoot that started with the idea from this pic:
6757156125_533822590f_b.jpg

Maybe I can incorporate both...