the 100% directionless thread

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
What is it with fire departments and parking their engine in a place better suited for the ambulance? Leave the driveway / side walk / access to the door open for the ambulance.

You'd think they'd know that, and that it'd be common sense, but nope.

Last edited by a moderator:

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Posted at the sports arena, LMFAO is performing tonight.There are far too many guys cruising around with zebra print pants on

JPINFV

Gadfly
What is it with fire departments and parking their engine in a place better suited for the ambulance? Leave the driveway / side walk / access to the door open for the ambulance.

How else would you know that the driveway or open door is there? Kinda of like when the police arrive at a fire first and park in front of the hydrant to let the fire department know where the hydrant is.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Posted at the sports arena, LMFAO is performing tonight.There are far too many guys cruising around with zebra print pants on

You poor thing. They traumatize me.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I wonder how many calls he's going to get for lower back/groin strains for people doing the "Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle" move.

:rofl:

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Unfortunately I'm not cool enough to actually work the show, one of our contact facilities just happens to be a block away

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Unfortunately I'm not cool enough to actually work the show, one of our contact facilities just happens to be a block away

Does that mean you're going to be in their next video instead?

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.:p

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader

On the flipside, I've seen more than a few FIRES where EMS arrived first (because we do that) and managed to park IN THE WAY of the 1st due engine, truck, or in front of the plug. And then EMS complains when they get blocked in by 5".

If only FD's realized we felt the same way sometimes.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
On the flipside, I've seen more than a few FIRES where EMS arrived first (because we do that) and managed to park IN THE WAY of the 1st due engine, truck, or in front of the plug. And then EMS complains when they get blocked in by 5".

If only FD's realized we felt the same way sometimes.

True... but them blocking us at a medical call is infinity more common than we blocking them at a fire.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
True... but them blocking us at a medical call is infinity more common than we blocking them at a fire.

They're the fire department don't they get special funding for the purchase of apparatus secifically designed to lift and remove ambulances from in front of fire hydrants?

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
If we get a fire standby out here, we get told to stage somewhere, and then if we're lucky they will tell us to park somewhere with a good view... lol

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
If we get a fire standby out here, we get told to stage somewhere, and then if we're lucky they will tell us to park somewhere with a good view... lol

Same here. We don't get dispatched until it's confirmed that it's a working fire then it's priority 2 (code 3 but can be diverted) until they confirm there are patients then it becomes priority 1.

Sometimes they tell us which direction they'd like us to approach from other times they don't and then we park and walk up to talk to the BC and let him know where exactly we are staged at then we hang out until we get a patient or they put the fire out.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Same here. We don't get dispatched until it's confirmed that it's a working fire then it's priority 2 (code 3 but can be diverted) until they confirm there are patients then it becomes priority 1.

Sometimes they tell us which direction they'd like us to approach from other times they don't and then we park and walk up to talk to the BC and let him know where exactly we are staged at then we hang out until we get a patient or they put the fire out.

Sounds about right. We're then last out, but can be sent on a call if there's no other unit close enough. At least that's how it was on the whole one fire i was on lol.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Time to do our PAT survey.. Do it rob, you know you want to ;)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Sounds about right. We're then last out, but can be sent on a call if there's no other unit close enough. At least that's how it was on the whole one fire i was on lol.

Yeah that's how it is.

Once we were posting and a wildland fire started just up the block. The Fire Chief got on scene and we heard over the fire departments radio channel "staging will be done where the ambulance is. Ambulance crew if you could light up for me."

Next thing we know we are surrounded by fire engines. Had to call dispatch and tell them we are out of service because we can't move.

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
Yeah that's how it is.

Once we were posting and a wildland fire started just up the block. The Fire Chief got on scene and we heard over the fire departments radio channel "staging will be done where the ambulance is. Ambulance crew if you could light up for me."

Next thing we know we are surrounded by fire engines. Had to call dispatch and tell them we are out of service because we can't move.

Haha funny

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Physical Aptitude Test?

For what?

Log into ninth brain and look under corporate annoucments or memo's. There's the info there. Our division is drawing off a 25 dollar gift card for doing it.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Log into ninth brain and look under corporate annoucments or memo's. There's the info there. Our division is drawing off a 25 dollar gift card for doing it.

I see. I'll look and see if we are doing anything with it.

I don't work for AMR though haha.