the 100% directionless thread

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
So, I have to wonder...

If the insurance mandate holds true, and come 2014 where most of our patients will have some form of payable insurance... as opposed to just 1/3 of patients paying now...

Will I see a 2-3x increase in salary? :ph34r:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
So, I have to wonder...

If the insurance mandate holds true, and come 2014 where most of our patients will have some form of payable insurance... as opposed to just 1/3 of patients paying now...

Doesn't matter. Everyone knows the world is going to end this year.. :unsure:

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Re-certs, re-certs, re-certs. Seems like everything expires at the worst time, eh?

Yes. I have to do all my CE in Colorado since I spend most of my time there but work in Massachusetts. I've sent in three semester college courses, a 5 hour conference, 20 hours of EMT-B skills testing, 2 hour cardiac arrest management course, and a 22 hour IV therapy class and I have received 7 hours of credit. And they won't even tell me what I need to do next, despite a call every day!

JPINFV

Gadfly

Depends. Will insurance cover more than a fraction of a cost?
If everyone has insurance, than will they feel more entitled to ambulance transport? After all, they're already paying for insurance, why not use it?

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Depends. Will insurance cover more than a fraction of a cost?

Not if insurance companies keep doing their tactic of forcing agencies to contract with them for more "fair" pricing... or withholding funding altogether.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Reading some of the older threads where everything ended in a fight (these threads usually involved Rid and Vent, interestingly enough). Now I am all worked up. :ph34r:

Hey, Mods... sure that you won't allow for deletion of posts? 'Cause some of my posts were idiotic and biased. Then again, some were genius... :cool:

medic417

The Truth Provider
Reading some of the older threads where everything ended in a fight (these threads usually involved Rid and Vent, interestingly enough). Now I am all worked up. :ph34r:

Hey, Mods... sure that you won't allow for deletion of posts? 'Cause some of my posts were idiotic and biased. Then again, some were genius... :cool:

I miss both of them. We need them here and here now. People have gotten soft with no one to call them out for idiotic posts.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
I miss both of them. We need them here and here now. People have gotten soft with no one to call them out for idiotic posts.

Aww... I'll let you call me an idiot... :wub:

medic417

The Truth Provider
Aww... I'll let you call me an idiot... :wub:

I'm not allowed to call you an idiot as my method always lead to involuntary vacation. So sorry guess we're stuck with idiots idiotic posts not being called out.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
First call of the day, 5 mins after we clock in is a full arrest, called DOA. This is probably going to be a long shift. Plus we are in overload warning.

Except gotta love incentives to pick up shifts. Getting paid 24 hours of double time tomorrow for a 12 hour shift.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Had to call EMS for my second passenger OD on the aircraft in less than 2 months. I'll be the first to admit that the current flying experience is less than ideal but do these people really need to down an entire bottle of pills to get through a 45 minute flight?

JPINFV

Gadfly
I hate it when threads get locked before I can post...

3211d7d5_WellBye.jpeg

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Had to call EMS for my second passenger OD on the aircraft in less than 2 months. I'll be the first to admit that the current flying experience is less than ideal but do these people really need to down an entire bottle of pills to get through a 45 minute flight?

Maybe it's the crew on the plane, since that's the only thing the two passengers would have in common. :rofl:

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I hate it when threads get locked before I can post again...

Considering you were the first one that responded in that thread, I fixed that for ya.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I was trying to be helpful at that point in time.

I know and appreciate that you and several members tried to be helpful. Unfortunately, it wasn't going to end that way so rather than give "involuntary vacations" as medic417 put it, I chose to close the thread.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Interview as a basic, get offered a job as a sup. I am win.

Anjel

Forum Angel