the 100% directionless thread

Anjel

Forum Angel
What happened?

My off time is 2030. We were 30 miles away from the station at that time, and they called and asked if we would go to an ER and take a pt and the flight crew from the helicopter pad when it landed to inside the ER.

My partner had to be up at 0500 and said no. lol

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Darnit. My partner called off tomorrow, so I have two different EMTs on my truck. One i've met, and she's pretty new and um.... We'll just say inexperienced. The other i've never met before.

Gr.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Blah....having every Thursday off completely screws my schedule up because of having to go back to work on Friday then having the weekend off.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Blah....having every Thursday off completely screws my schedule up because of having to go back to work on Friday then having the weekend off.

I work wed-saturday.

I always think wed. Is monday

Sasha

Forum Chief
My off time is 2030. We were 30 miles away from the station at that time, and they called and asked if we would go to an ER and take a pt and the flight crew from the helicopter pad when it landed to inside the ER.

My partner had to be up at 0500 and said no. lol

You know you wanted to take it.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

Sasha

Forum Chief
I have a bug bite on my wrist.

Or mrsa.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief

I never know what day it is. My schedule is so screwy at times between 3 jobs, family, and having a life.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
I never know what day it is. My schedule is so screwy at times between 3 jobs, family, and having a life.

Yeah....two jobs, the girlfriend and research kind of eats up my free time. If I didn't have a schedule book from work, I could never keep that mess straight.

BTW, 3000th post.

jamesm

Forum Probie
I would hate to have three jobs, right now I'm stuffed sitting in an office for 12 hours a day and only getting called out once or twice a day. Joking, I would love to do more but not much happens on a coal mine site in a day, the pay is great

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
For my primary job, I sit and work on the research publications for my other job while pulmonary patients exercise. LOL Not a bad job, the pay isn't too shabby and I get to more or less have a doc's schedule.

jamesm

Forum Probie
Yeah I love my job, I get $140 000 AUD a year for basicicly sitting around and making sure gear is up to working order and waiting for the alarm bells to go off or get a radio emergency call, if that happens I get into the appropriate vehicle and wait for some of the Mine Rescue crew turn up to the workshop from their normal job somewhere else on the mine and then pick up the rest and head off to the emergency location.

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain

Joedaddy1120

Forum Crew Member
Yay passed my paramedic class! Time for the NREMT and earning my red patch. Thanks for the help here in the forum. Got some valuable info out of it.

jamesm

Forum Probie
When i got my hep B vaccination the bloody needle tip was slightly bent.

me: ouch that bloody hurt
nurse: Oh don't be a baby

10 secs later

nurse: Oh dear the tip was bent
Me: I told you it f***ing hurt

Flightorbust

Forum Lieutenant
They used a needle Ive never seen before, Its like the safety needles used in I.V.s that pulls the needle in but it was on a syringe. But after getting it i got really lethargic. Not as bad now but I'm still dragging.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Thinking over things from every angle I can. Why does my mind have to race when I'm trying to get to sleep?

Last edited by a moderator:

epipusher

Forum Asst. Chief
I love how the internet lets you be whoever you want to be. A few members on this forum seem to have done it all in regards to EMS. They have seen it all, done it all, and held every imaginable position you can think of in the world of EMS. It's what keeps me coming back.