the 100% directionless thread

piranah

Forum Captain
piranah is wondering why someone would willingly do 21 credits...your crazy...ur not working full time too right?

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Three times in three days my partner has lowered the cot all the way to the ground with a patient on it without warning me.

I'm seriously about to go ape crazy....

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
Apparently, I still don't get along with high altitudes. Flew from Indy to Denver, drove to Manitou Springs, then went to the top of Pikes Peak. 14,000 feet in elevation change in less than 2 days. I'm an idiot.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Apparently, I still don't get along with high altitudes. Flew from Indy to Denver, drove to Manitou Springs, then went to the top of Pikes Peak. 14,000 feet in elevation change in less than 2 days. I'm an idiot.

Last summer I went from my place at less than 2000 feet drove to Colorado and then to the top of Pikes Peak after only a day in Colorado. A little light headed but not bad.

This year went to Rocky Mountain National Park and only got slightly above 13000 and started having headache and shortness of breath so made a rapid decent to 10000 and was fine.

KY_EMT

Forum Crew Member
So I found someone to cover my shift so I could have the day off...and I ended up working anyway!

EMS/LEO505

Forum Lieutenant
EMT-B class starts tomorrow ^_^

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Hours are being cut so much at work that I decided to take two more vacations, both in September.

WVEmt

Forum Crew Member
Hours are being cut so much at work that I decided to take two more vacations, both in September.

we are adding 10,000 man hours over the next year, and opening a new station at the new hospital that opens in october

8jimi8

CFRN
scheduled my FINAL for EMT-I. Final and just 80 hours of clinicals to GO. omg i'm sooo amped.

found out that ACC will be letting me challenge into their Paramedic program (don't have to worry about application deadlines etc.)

Found out they have PRECEPTORED clinicals! EXCELLENT. So odd going to clinicals and being in charge of myself! (with the current program)

I'm so freaking excited. I think they are gonna let me do my 40 hospital hours in the OR, so i can get some REAL practice, not just hope someone has a bad airway day... (not that I want people to be hurt - i just know how rare an actual field intubation can be.)

its all coming together as planned.

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
Last summer I went from my place at less than 2000 feet drove to Colorado and then to the top of Pikes Peak after only a day in Colorado. A little light headed but not bad.

This year went to Rocky Mountain National Park and only got slightly above 13000 and started having headache and shortness of breath so made a rapid decent to 10000 and was fine.

We made it to the top of Pikes Peak, and my lips were blue. Apparently, I get high-altitude pulmonary edema too. The decent was made with much fastness. Still short of breath, but at least I don't sound like a dishwasher anymore.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
You probably once were a nice girl, until some man destroyed your goodness and pilfered your soul ... :

Oh well at least Brown ain't like that :D

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief

When I lived in San Diego my dad and I climbed Mt. Whitney. I lived right on the bay and was about 10 feet above sea level at low tide. From 10 feet to 14,505 (Plus the five more feet for how tall I was then :p) in two days. On foot. You talk about a headache! I have never had my head hurt so much or felt so nauseated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other news, lightsandsirens5 has finished his first day as Type II WA State IMT #3 Line Medic, aka on this incident as *drumroll* Slide Creek Medic 5! Currently assigned to the Slide Creek Fire in Stevens Co. Washington. Today he was by himself and responsible (har har har) for three divisions of line crews, Div Alfa, Div Bravo, and Div Zulu. He also had one burn victim who somehow managed to get both of his legs into a hot stump hole up to about his mid calf. The whole incident went off flawlessly with lights, the unit leader, local first response and the ambulance working together in perfect harmony. The pt was de-mobed and sent to a hotel in town. Lights in now manning the medical tent all by himself while his unit leader is in a meeting with the Logistics section. ^_^

Later folks!!!

Sasha

Forum Chief
(Bookshelves, Libraries, soon gone forever??)

Not sure about bookshelves, but there are libraries that lend out ebooks. ebooks are way more enviormentally friendly than regular books. The Nook has a screen you can swipe your finger across so you can still "turn the page". I never cared for peanutbutter, and I don't like food on the pages of my books. You can't tear a page by turning it too hard, and once you buy a book your dog can't tear it apart while your sleeping and in the middle of a REALLY good part (My dog did this, I was so upset.) you can also read it again and again, and never lose it, and you can still have a library, even if you live in a really small space and have no room for book shelves. I can bring more than one book with me without the added weight of multiple books.

I LOVE ebooks.

Hockey

Quackers
Why do 1st shifters always have to have their noses up managements butt? I remember why I went to 3rds :lol: