the 100% directionless thread

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
I am the 911 Queen. That is all. And I thought I might suck at this job...

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
I hate being sick on vacation! And the hotel's internet is fussy, so I keep getting kicked off EMTLife.:sad:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
So... hurt my back yesterday when my partner decided to drop a 300lb+ patient all the way to the floor without letting me know...

Still aches.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Just bought a Barne's and Noble Nook. I'm liking it so far... let's see how well it can keep me entertained.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
I love mine! I've had it about 2 weeks

I lament the future loss of the tactile sensation of turning pages, the joys of having PB & J and little noteoids spread around the book illustrating the text and getting a book from a friend that I KNOW is exceptional because it's the rattiest looking thing on the shelf! (Bookshelves, Libraries, soon gone forever??)

You can also throw a book at your partner at low replacement cost rather than destroying your whole Library in one motion.

And yet, it's because of innovations like this that folks like y'all get to learn from my mistakes and explorations. I spent a good 15 years trying to get traditional publishers to publish my works which, at the very least have value to medics. The Powers that Be (were) wouldn't accept it. In that way, it's a form of censorship because THEY decide what YOU get to see.

Today, I can talk to people like you exactly as I want to, so on this one I have to side with the new and upcoming generation.

Last edited by a moderator:

angels.girl84

Forum Crew Member
I know what you mean but for me, I'll always have my books that I can go relax in the bathtub with after a long day & not worry about destroying my library if I drop it ;)

I lament the future loss of the tactile sensation of turning pages, the joys of having PB & J and little noteoids spread around the book illustrating the text and getting a book from a friend that I KNOW is exceptional because it's the rattiest looking thing on the shelf! You can also throw a book at your partner at low replacement cost rather than destroying your whole Library in one motion.

And yet, it's because of innovations like this folks like y'all get to learn from my mistakes and explorations.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
w00t!!! I just got hired by WA DNR as a contract fireline medic for a type II in my county. And being type II it is a Fed deal and pays reeeeeally good.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Good work lights :)

Brown feels fantastic because he threw away his cancer, heart disease and death causing diet and is encourgaing all to read Eat to Live by Joel Fuhrman, MD.

Brown doesn't feel fantastic about the Tall Blacks loosing at basketball against Lithuiana .... I mean GAH!

Last edited by a moderator:

piranah

Forum Captain
my GF just left for college again...not a happy piranah...but on a brighter note i just turned 21..HOOT!!

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
I completed and passed a written exam for a local Fire/Ambulance Squad, I do my physical on Wednesday. Wish me luck, if I pass I will be starting paramedic school in the spring. :)

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
as am i my friend...but i havnt even started...sept 7th

This semester I have class every morning and evening.

I am taking
Bio I
Chem I
Trig
Eng II
Selected Topics in EMS
Sociology
18/19 Century humanities ............

for a total of 21 credits. Lifeguards For Life has no life.

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
This semester I have class every morning and evening.

I am taking
Bio I
Chem I
Trig
Eng II
Selected Topics in EMS
Sociology
18/19 Century humanities ............

for a total of 21 credits. Lifeguards For Life has no life.

Everytime Lifeguards for Life talks with MR. Brown, Lifeguards For Life always ends up talking in the 3rd person and feeling quite silly