the 100% directionless thread

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
CHIMPIE!!! How much do you want for a dowry for me?

There... we will leave it up to him. :p

I'll get back to you on that.

Anything else I should be filled in on?

At the top of every page is a green link called Community Rules. Read them, follow them (especially the first one, Be Polite), and you should be alright here.

And yes, we do take the rules very seriously around here.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Then we are perfect for each other, heck, we could become the first EMTLife couple. perhaps we owe Chimpie a dowry :D

Beat you too it. I'm with reaper :)

Edited to add: Actually someone beat US to it, but they were much more low key.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Brown is sick; he has headache, chills, fever, blocked nose and sore throat

Somebody call HEMS for some tylenol and a chicken soup drip, stat! :D

Where is that ninja fellow when you need him, he could do the same and its less problematic than parking a helicopter on the street, how much do you think they are going to charge for towing that thing?

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
Where is that ninja fellow when you need him,

He is lurking in the shadows, waiting for that perfect moment, the split second his prey is vunerable, ready for the pounce.................

:ph34r:

Never turn your back to a ninja!!
:D

Last edited by a moderator:

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
Less than 12 hours til my plane leaves. Colorado, here I come!

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
Finishing up last minute packing, and power goes out. Turns out a car hit a light pole just down the road and knocked out power to the whole neighborhood. On the plus side, I could see the stars for the first time while in the city.:p

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Finishing up last minute packing, and power goes out. Turns out a car hit a light pole just down the road and knocked out power to the whole neighborhood. On the plus side, I could see the stars for the first time while in the city.:p

Don't even hint at downed wires. I just go off of a 10,000 acer fire that was started by a downed line at about 1400 today. It grew from 200'x200' to 25 acers in less than five minutes. By the time my unit got there, 100 acers. Just got released for the night, it is now about 15-20 square miles. :-S

Pray for us.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Don't even hint at downed wires. I just go off of a 10,000 acer fire that was started by a downed line at about 1400 today. It grew from 200'x200' to 25 acers in less than five minutes. By the time my unit got there, 100 acers. Just got released for the night, it is now about 15-20 square miles. :-S

Pray for us.

That was supposed to be 1,000 acer. And 15-20 more square miles directly threated and expected to burn tomorrow.

medic417

The Truth Provider
That was supposed to be 1,000 acer. And 15-20 more square miles directly threated and expected to burn tomorrow.

That's no biggie we don't do anything but roast hot dogs until it passes the 10,000 acre mark. ;) Actually many of the fires in my area quickly grow larger than 10,000 acres. Some pass the 100,000 acre mark. But no one knows because we have such a small population the news doesn't care. Now if it ever threatens one of the famous peoples homes that have hide outs in the area we might get some attention. But that would just ruin it as then more tourist would destroy the environment.

Stephanie.

Forum Captain

We have a few ranches out here that are like that. Dry and flat and plenty of fuel. I know the box numbers and addresses, if it ever caught fire the only thing left to do is pray.

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
Power came back on after almost 2 hours. Made it to the airport on time, now in Manitou Springs. To add to my bad night last night, I received a call from my boss that someone cut the rear brake lines on the ambulance. My favorite saying lately, if I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all. :wacko:

JPINFV

Gadfly
Dear UPS,
445 and 455 are two different addresses.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Its a go, apparently its something about somebody needing some early antibiotics and antipyretics

*Brown struggles into his jumpsuit and waits for Oz to tag along

Ok all set, we're off ....

Ambulance, Medivac airborne be overhead in about ten to twelve :D

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
We have a few ranches out here that are like that. Dry and flat and plenty of fuel. I know the box numbers and addresses, if it ever caught fire the only thing left to do is pray.

Try dry and rugged (over 3000 foot elevation changes) with dry brush 6 feet tall and too thick to walk through. Then ladders right up into the crowns. Not to mention literally hundreds of draws and gullies too steep to even think about walking.Then add 32 Mph winds, 7% humidity and 97*F. That fire will (and did) take off and haul a** across any kind of terrain. There is another identical wtx pattern moving in starting Saturday night. So pray for us.

Besides mop-up and structure perimeter set up, this fire has been strictly an airshow since dawn today. It is also now a Type II incident and a FEMA disaster due to the number of homes in the burn and threatened, over 200.

I personally watched the wind whip small 1'x1' fires with 1 inch flames into 300'x300' fires with 30 foot flames in no more than a few seconds. We has one crew get burned over and they has melted plastic and rubber parts all over their brush trucks. The heat killed the computer in one vehicle.

I am going to sleep so I can go back out next shift hopefully.