the 100% directionless thread

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
Already did, Jimi.

So, at a hypertensive emergency call the other night where I was essentially going to backup a BLS truck that had an EMT and an Intermediate, the I- cracked me up, as he was not all too happy at dispatch sending a medic.

I- "If I thought it was an ALS call I'd be running it and would have started an IV"

Me- "And what exactly would you have given with that IV, more fluid?"

give Nitro, morphine and lasix and lidocaine to lower the bp. Intermediates have education too....

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Except I's cannot give Nitro, morphine or lasix.

And his thought was that if a hypertensive crisis was an ALS call (......) that he would have started an IV and all would have been fine without a Paramedic on scene.

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
Last night in Durango, going to Lakewood and Denver for the next 2 days.

angels.girl84

Forum Crew Member
I feel your pain! I was there yesterday..... 1,500 later idk what hurts more and oh yeah thats after my insurance paid! :wacko:

At the dentist with a numb mouth. 6 fillings down by end of this third appointment. 9 to go and eesh three root canals. Why did I waitten years for the dentist in spite of no insurance?

JPINFV

Gadfly
So I started reading Rapid Interp today and noticed that there was a clause near the start about Dr. Dubin giving away a Saturn Ion in his other book. Does anyone know anything about it?

http://tinyurl.com/3xt9too

Bottom of the page that Google Books loads to.

Sassafras

Forum Captain
I feel your pain! I was there yesterday..... 1,500 later idk what hurts more and oh yeah thats after my insurance paid! :wacko:

By the time I'm done I will be out 5k post insurance. Got sent home with 25 dollar prescription toothpaste because apparently I am floride deficient too. Yay me.

In other not so fun news please keep my aunt in your thoughts. She coded during open heart surgery and is now breathing via artificial lungs. They got her back but not breathing on her own. She has transposition of the great vessicles and back then they had no operations available for it. Tech ically should have died by teens and is still around in her late fifties. Been in a fib for years has chf and was on the transplant list for heart and lungs. Not sure if surgery was for transplant or to hold off until organs are available. Just know it was open heart and things aren't looking good.

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
I now understand why there are many type A personalitities in the medical field. :)

Today was lectures on the medical/legal aspect of EMS along with the ethics chapter.
(Poof!, with cloud of electric smoke coming out of ears) let me reboot the brain............:wacko:

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Last time I went to the dentist he send me to a maxillofacial surgeon who took out 4 wisdom teeth. It was great because the Consultant Anaesthetist gave me drugs but I don't remember much after that I think the drugs had something to do with it.....

Last edited by a moderator:

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh boy! Another day on the fireline for me. This fire turns a week old today. WA IMT3 goes home today as the fire rolls from a type II down to a type III. The fun is almost over.

8jimi8

CFRN
Except I's cannot give Nitro, morphine or lasix.

And his thought was that if a hypertensive crisis was an ALS call (......) that he would have started an IV and all would have been fine without a Paramedic on scene.

Maybe he thought that he could open the IV wide open and let some blood drain out to lower his bloodpressure...?

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
It's only Thursday ....

*Brown finds a piece of paper;

Dear Work

Brown is sick, he will be better next Tuesday and will come to work then

/S/
Dr. Brown, MBChB, FANZCA, FJFICM
Helicopter Emergency Medical Service