the 100% directionless thread

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
On a fire last night, had an idiot refuse to stop blocking the hydrant. Why? He was mad we didn't get there sooner. The logic, it astounds me.

CollegeBoy

Forum Lieutenant
When the patient's husband meets you at the door and tells you, "after this you'll have seen it all", you know it's going to be a weird call.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
When the patient's husband meets you at the door and tells you, "after this you'll have seen it all", you know it's going to be a weird call.

These kind of posts should get folks banned. You can't just go and say stuff like that and then leave the rest of us hanging! C'mon dude!!!! ;-)

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
These kind of posts should get folks banned. You can't just go and say stuff like that and then leave the rest of us hanging! C'mon dude!!!! ;-)

yeah, c'mon, tell!
maybe the magic word will help.
"Please?"

Second

Forum Lieutenant
sitting at the station at midnight with nothing to do, guess I'll go to sleep.

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
Don’t blame your missed IV on the patients veins.

"This is an insidious habit. I don’t care what the patients veins look like. I don’t care if they are buried, if they roll of if they dance around like a hula girl. The patient didn’t miss the IV … you did. Don’t ever tell the patient, “You have brittle veins, deep veins, small veins, rolling veins.” (Whatever that means) or anything else to make it seem like the missed IV is the patients fault and not yours.

If you miss it, you miss it. Say sorry and move on. Those pitiful remarks about the patient being a hard stick will only make you look worse. Other popular versions of this bad habit are the medical history question asked right after the failed attempt, “Are you on blood thinners?” or looking aggravated at the drivers compartment as if to suggest that something in your partners driving cause your failure."

rescue99

Forum Deputy Chief
"This is an insidious habit. I don’t care what the patients veins look like. I don’t care if they are buried, if they roll of if they dance around like a hula girl. The patient didn’t miss the IV … you did. Don’t ever tell the patient, “You have brittle veins, deep veins, small veins, rolling veins.” (Whatever that means) or anything else to make it seem like the missed IV is the patients fault and not yours.

If you miss it, you miss it. Say sorry and move on. Those pitiful remarks about the patient being a hard stick will only make you look worse. Other popular versions of this bad habit are the medical history question asked right after the failed attempt, “Are you on blood thinners?” or looking aggravated at the drivers compartment as if to suggest that something in your partners driving cause your failure."

Are you in a bad mood with this? LOL. Lots of patients are hard sticks for any number of reasons and it isn't anyone's fault. In all my years out there I have never once heard a Medic or Spec blame a miss on the patient personally. Excpet for the occasional wiggle worm perhaps.

RescueYou

Forum Lieutenant
Playin "Don't Know How to Act" (Flo Rida) and dancin around the room while checkin off supply expiration dates :p

Cory

Forum Captain
"So, with my last ounce of strength, I sucked out my gold fillings and swalloed them. Those paramedics have sticky fingers." -Mr. Burns