the 100% directionless thread

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I once had a psych transfer that took 4 hours... didn't even make it out of the hospital door, went from the psych area to the ER.

Damn broken arm.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Royal Court Health Care (SNF) to Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital (PIH). Right across the side street.

We have one like that also. It's right across the street from the hospital. But the transport totals .6 miles because the hospital is soo big. The road from the hospital to the main street is .5 miles.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I once had a psych transfer that took 4 hours... didn't even make it out of the hospital door, went from the psych area to the ER.

Damn broken arm.

How did that take 4 hours?

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
My IFT company regularly takes patients discharged from one hospital to the rehab facility owned by the hospital thats a few hundred ft away.

Well they can't very well just wheel them over there in a wheel chair, now can they? Wait...

Cup of Joe

Forum Captain
Well they can't very well just wheel them over there in a wheel chair, now can they? Wait...

In their mind, if insurance is paying....you know, they might be able to pocket more money if called a party bus. Prices for those things can be up to 5 figures for a night; i bet no one would notice if a few thousand went missing. hmm.......:rofl:

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Adolescent psych facility (half hour from station) to the ER across the street. .1 mile. Then we end up playing musical stretchers for a couple hours because the ED is under construction and has a shortage of beds. Yay.

Last edited by a moderator:

medic417

The Truth Provider
I set down my pen. It's a really nice pen. I don't want to ruin it. I have had to protect it from several nurse thiefs. As in I've tracked them down and went "Dude you have my pen!"

Google friends throbbing pens heaving beasts. It's a quote from the tv show .

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
Actually, it's more likely just a decrease in back pressure against the vessels in the abdomen which explains how you can drop someone's intracranial pressure by performing a decompressive laparotomy.
Well, i will ask one of the doctors today during my last clinical shift. thanks all for the info and challenge of thinking it out.^_^

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Off to new job..

Linuss, how in the farking heck do you commute this all the time?!?

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Adolescent psych facility (half hour from station) to the ER across the street. .1 mile. Then we end up playing musical stretchers for a couple hours because the ED is under construction and has a shortage of beds. Yay.

ESU to Sharp or CAPS to Alvarado :p

Sasha

Forum Chief
Desperate housewives season premiere woohoo and drop dead diva season finale. Thank you dvr

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
The results are in...I'm now officially a paramedic :D

Linuss, I want my cookies now...

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
ESU to Sharp or CAPS to Alvarado :p

ESU to Sharp, my friend. We have a contract with ESU. They're easy most of the time

Anjel

Forum Angel
The results are in...I'm now officially a paramedic :D

Linuss, I want my cookies now...

Congrats! *makes mental note to never call 911 in Oregon* :rofl: JK

*YAY 17000! and I didn't even mean too.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Hey! Youre pickles, not a penguin.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Is it just me or is Sasha's avatar chewing faster than normal?