the 100% directionless thread

Sasha

Forum Chief

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
So, I have a physical / lift-test tomorrow for another agnecy. The lift-test doesn't worry me, but the cardio aspect of it does. Both times when I got hired by AMR, I had to do a similar step-test type thing where you step for 2 minutes, than they take your HR. Both times, they said I barely passed due to my elevated HR.

I just did a self-administered step test at home and my HR after 2 minutes peaked above 160. Although I'm skinny, I'm not the most 'fit' person as I really don't work out.

Trying to think of ways to quickly lower my HR. I've been trying valsalvas but they aren't being too effective at the moment...and beta-blockers are out of the question. Hmmmm....

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Headin' out for another night shift. I'm starting to get used to these little 12 hour shifts. After working 48s (and 72s with OT) 12s sure are nice.

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
b8f55acb-a8e7-bf8d.jpg

Want.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

Have.

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
She needs to take the MSF and buy the gear before she even thinks about what bike she wants.

Especially since she's considering a CBR600RR as her first bike just because it's pink.

First bike + 600rr + girl = bad news

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
You have a CBR600RR AND a ZX6R?

Spread the wealth...

I just sold the zx6r, I have a cbr for the time being... I want another r1 tho :( But the gsxr750's are nice too...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Thinking about stopping at the LA county fair on our next out of town transport.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
So, I have a physical / lift-test tomorrow for another agnecy. The lift-test doesn't worry me, but the cardio aspect of it does. Both times when I got hired by AMR, I had to do a similar step-test type thing where you step for 2 minutes, than they take your HR. Both times, they said I barely passed due to my elevated HR.

I just did a self-administered step test at home and my HR after 2 minutes peaked above 160. Although I'm skinny, I'm not the most 'fit' person as I really don't work out.

Trying to think of ways to quickly lower my HR. I've been trying valsalvas but they aren't being too effective at the moment...and beta-blockers are out of the question. Hmmmm....

It's because of those cookies that you wouldn't share with me...

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
After riding a GSXR600.... that's my next bike.

The 600's are nice.. But I like taking girls on the back and with the extra weight the torque that the bigger bikes have, its like a.... speed-gasm.

In other news, my dad *code enforcment for the county* just rolled up on a DOA... He paged fire then gave me a ring... since when does code enforcment get all the excitment?

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
What's being a girl got to do with it?

I've taught a couple girls to ride... Typically it was a nightmare trying to explain the clutch.. But there was my ex, she impressed me... So I'm not saying girls can't, but theres those girls and those guys that shouldn't be allowed anywhere near anything with that kind of power to weight ratio...

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
I've taught a couple girls to ride... Typically it was a nightmare trying to explain the clutch.. But there was my ex, she impressed me... So I'm not saying girls can't, but theres those girls and those guys that shouldn't be allowed anywhere near anything with that kind of power to weight ratio...

Nice save ;)

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain

Anjel

Forum Angel

Especially sasha. She is like 5ft tall and 100lbs lol

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
It's funny when someone keeps pushing the limits and then messes up really, REALLY big.

<evil laugh>

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
It's funny when someone keeps pushing the limits and then messes up really, REALLY big.

<evil laugh>

In my seven years of being a member of this forum, and six plus years of being a CL, recent events easy rank in my top five experiences.

Yes, I quoted myself.