the 100% directionless thread

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Apparently it is not legal to leave a car running in my state.

Thank God I don't have to deal with some if the jacked up laws all y'all do.

I wonder how that cop would deal with our generator powered boxes.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg

JPINFV

Gadfly
Standing in a no standing zone, like in a traffic lane? Which would never stick here since ambulances can park anywhere according to my local laws. Anyway you look at it, its gonna make that cop look stupid.

I'd be interested in a citation. I've seen way too many coworkers assume that just because the ambulance can park anyplace on an emergency call, that means they can park anywhere any other time of the day.

Sasha

Forum Chief
what do you mean coworkers you have no job

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Careful, apparently headquarters city police cited one of our trucks for 5 over the other day.

When we were at the service station last week one of the Harleton EMTs told us of an EMT that got pulled over in T-city for 45 over, going non-emergent. I was like "No shoot"

I doubt any LEOs in our county will pull us over. We go 80+ pretty much everywhere outside of the cities and pass them without any issues. Decent working relationship, plus we've helped take people to the hospital over jail which saved them. I know one deputy who owes me a get out of jail free card :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
Thank God I don't have to deal with some if the jacked up laws all y'all do.

I got to talk to a Frazer rep at EMS World. Loved the layout in the truck they had on display there. Tons of cabinet space.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
45 over?!? Yeah he deserved it....

I got pulled over at the end of a 36 the other night which I was awake for 32 of. Apparently I was weaving.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
I got to talk to a Frazer rep at EMS World. Loved the layout in the truck they had on display there. Tons of cabinet space.

You can also hang meat in the boxes, even when it's 110 outside.

The only thing that stinks is...9 mpg.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
45 over?!? Yeah he deserved it....

I got pulled over at the end of a 36 the other night which I was awake for 32 of. Apparently I was weaving.

I've been up since 1:30 this morning.

Got called to a guy (sub 45 years old) who fell 4 days ago. No deficits, no complaints. I wasn't happy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sasha

Forum Chief
Party in the chat, wootwoot!

8jimi8

CFRN
2nd open-heart shadow. Complete. 1 more and I'll be flying solo on post op open hearts!

Sasha

Forum Chief
Dont turn off the lights, furry little frogs will eat your teeth

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Looks like my 12 just turned into a 24...that makes 84 hours since Friday, I think.

Sent from my mobile command center

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Looks like my 12 just turned into a 24...that makes 84 hours since Friday, I think.

Sent from my mobile command center

paid or internship?

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Warning....rant.

Sometimes I just f****** hate people. Like the gal at 0010 who was diagnosed with a UTI three days ago and put on antibiotics. Who calls us at this ungodly hour cause "my pee is darker than it was yesterday." And who then demands this and that and complains about everything on the way in. Never mind she was sitting in a vehicle with a perfectly capable driver when we arrived. Not only that, she had been sitting in the vehicle for 20 minutes. It would not be quite so bad if she didn't freaking complain about everything!

Anyhow, my first thought was: And you know it's darker how? When I go to the bathroom at midnight, I usually stumble in there, don't turn the light on, barely even find the toilet, and then forget to flush before stumbling back to bed.

Anyone know why we get called to those stubbed toe calls and dispatch says: "The RP will meet you in a silver Toyota at the intersection where you need to turn. They'll have their four ways on." What ever happened to taking someone to the ER yourself? Especially when they don't really need EMS. And if you are going to call me out to Timbuktu at oh-dark-thirty when you are perfectly capable of driving this stable, non emergent, non BLS, non anything patient to the emergency room, then don't f******* tailgate my ambulance like you are chained to it with a two foot long chain! I'll warn you once on scene, then don't get all d*** b****y at me when I have my driver call a deputy out to cite your sorry a** for endangering me and my crew.

Anyone wonder why my ambulance has to get dispatched to a 34 yof complaining of darker urine than yesterday? I sure wonder. I swear, with textbook vital signs, this call could be handled just fine by a few of those fuzzy frogs Sasha was talking about. In fact a frog might be too smart for this call. It would take the intellectual capacity of a head of lettuce to run this call, which apparently you Mr. RP and you Madam Pt both apparently lack, or you would not have called 911 demanding an ambulance for a BS call that could have waited till morning, at which point you could have loaded up into your POV and made it to the ER without anything worse than happened on your ambulance ride, which I am 99% certain, you won't pay for anyhow. Oh yea, that's right, I'LL END UP PAYING FOR IT!

Sorry.....sometimes you just have to scream and rant.

8jimi8

CFRN
wish i could sleep at my job

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Its OK Frank, Brown knows how you feel, for example, one night after getting absolutely smashed with jobs for 11 hours we finally make it back to station, have some soup and a 10 minute nap only for the station alarm to go off rousing us out to some bloke who fell over, thats it, he fell over and spraied his ankle, the cops had already driven past, rolled down their window, laughed at him and then drove off ...

Now, what would have been funny is if the cops tasered that guy who was following your ambulance :D