the 100% directionless thread

Anjel

Forum Angel
When we tested we had an idea of our random 24 hours in advance so things like splinting and bleeding control I dont have the sheet memorized. Doesnt mean I dont know what to do.....just might not be NREMT standards. And for the life of me I cant remember the steps in AED

Turn on aed. Place big stickies. push button. Lol

JPINFV

Gadfly
Turn on aed. Place big stickies. push button. Lol

Well, yes, but the "official" way is more complicated. After all, we can't have people turning the AED on before placing the pads (even if we'd like to destroy the voice).

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Going to go apply for another job or two today at either GameStop or Barnes and Noble... Extra money to try to get to EMS Expo would be nice... although since both places offer discounts to the other too... I might wind up just signing over my paycheck back to them

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Going to go apply for another job or two today at either GameStop or Barnes and Noble... Extra money to try to get to EMS Expo would be nice... although since both places offer discounts to the other too... I might wind up just signing over my paycheck back to them

Its a vicious circle.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Exactly :p Almost as bad as when I worked at a motorcycle dealership... Hmm... maybe my old shop is hiring again.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Are you talking about the EMS expo in vegas in aug? I was looking at that too.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
That would be the one. I honestly have no idea if I can scrape the money up to go, but with all my plans getting kicked on their ***, getting out and meeting up with friends sounds like a good idea

Anjel

Forum Angel
175 miles one way with a pt who thinks he is jesus...

With no air conditioning in the rigg. And a blistering sunburn.

not a good day

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

not a good day

Sounds like you got ......burnt....... on that transport haha :p

Anjel

Forum Angel
Hahaha omg

Nice...

usalsfyre

You have my stapler

not a good day

I love the fact that in TX, not having A/C means the rig fails state inspection...meaning it's out of service till it's fixed :D.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Sounds like you got ......burnt....... on that transport haha :p
csi-miami.jpg

Anjel

Forum Angel
JP...

Definitely a horatio moment

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I love the fact that in TX, not having A/C means the rig fails state inspection...meaning it's out of service till it's fixed :D.

I swear I'm the only cold-blooded person at my station. When I'm comfortable, everyone else is burning hot. When I'm freezing, everyone else is comfortable.

And they wonder why I still bring my jacket to work when it's 100* outside.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Linuss, I'd never be able to work with you then... if you can't see your breath in the station, it's too warm.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I swear I'm the only cold-blooded person at my station. When I'm comfortable, everyone else is burning hot. When I'm freezing, everyone else is comfortable.

And they wonder why I still bring my jacket to work when it's 100* outside.

Something is wrong with you dude! You need to move to New Guinea or something. 110 year round. Winter heat index is 120, summer heat index is like 150.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Linuss, I'd never be able to work with you then... if you can't see your breath in the station, it's too warm.

This. I'm always cranking the AC, even at 0300 at 30 degrees out.