the 100% directionless thread

nemedic

Forum Captain
Yesterday I asked if we get holiday pay for easter.

We don't.

Can you effing believe that!?

The higher up didn't take kindly to me going "WTF!? It's a god holiday!! You're disrespectin' jesus!"

(PS I'm an agnostic.)

Seriously though, we get paid for memorial day and labor day. Why? It's not like people actually go "Let's spend labor day bonding with the fam!" Generally, it's just a day off of work, while Easter is an actual holiday with activities and family togetherness. Shouldn't you get paid extra for that? Boo.

Boss was handing out the latest memo, this one saying that there's no more easter holiday pay. hands me mine. i read it. asks me if i wanna do a double of OT 8a-midnight on easter. i lol'd and walked out of the room

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Word just came down that we don't get holiday pay for Easter either.

Last edited by a moderator:

medic417

The Truth Provider
More and more company's are just giving people 48 hours of holiday pay a year rather than determining which holiday deserves bonus pay. Then you just use it when you want/need it. Like it better in some ways except the years every holiday known to man lands on my shifts.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
That stinks. I'm very fortunate. We get holiday pay for all the normal ones plus MLK day, President's Day, the day after Thanksgiving, and New Year's Eve. Plus we have some weird system where you get paid time off that you can take at any time within the quarter of the holiday, even if you weren't scheduled to work the holiday. It's their way of making up for starting to pay people time-and-a-half instead of double time, I think.

Anjel

Forum Angel
WTF how is that legal?

We get double pay plus day in lieu

We get double pay for Christmas eve and Christmas We get time and a half for Easter, thanksgiving, fourth of July, New years eve, New years day, and a few others I am forgetting.

Anjel

Forum Angel
happyeaster.jpg

happy-easter.png

Anjel

Forum Angel
... --- .-. .-. -.-- --..-- / ... .. -. -.-. . / .. / .- -- / --- .-.. -.. / ..-. .- ... .... .. --- -. . -.. --..-- / .- -. -.. / ... .. -. -.-. . / -.-- --- ..- / .-- .- -. - / .-- .- .-. -. .. -. --. --..-- / .... . .-. . / .. ... / - .... . / --- .-. .. --. .. -. .- .-.. / .-. .. -.-. -.- .-. --- .-.. .-.. .----. -.. ---...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0&feature=related

happy easter everybody

.. / .... .- .--. .--. . -. / - --- / .-.. .. -.- . / - .... .- - / ... --- -. --. .-.-.- / .-.. --- .-.. / .. / -.- -. --- .-- / .. .----. -- / .-- . .. .-. -..

Happy Easter to you too.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Happy Easter everyone. Here's hoping you find all the eggs and none of them give you salmonella.

Outbac1

Forum Asst. Chief
Here in NS we have five general holidays listed in the Labour Standards Code: New Year's Day, Good Friday, Canada Day, Labour Day and Christmas. These are the minimum number of holidays that employers must provide to employees. Many employers offer more paid holidays. There are some rules about how many hrs or days before a holiday you have to work to be paid that day and some other rules. There are also some exceptions such as anyone working under a collective agreement, which I fall under.
As a result I have 11 days a year. New Year's Day, Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Victoria Day, Canada Day, Natal Day, Labour Day, Thanksgiving Day, Rememberance Day, Christmas Day and Boxing Day. I get 12hrs pay (an avg shift), and if I work on that day I also get Time and a half pay for the shift I work. Not many people take holidays off if they are scheduled to work. Here there are always people looking to work on a holiday, especially if they can pick up a shift at a 24 hr base.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Warning; firetender never got his merit badge

-... .-. --- .-- ... . .-.. .. -.- . - .... .. ...

I was gonna write you up on an infraction for avoiding the censor but then I realized I mixed up my Dits and Dahs and made terrible things come through you.

My fondest hope is that this doesn't catch on as I have hard enough time tracking people's English!

JPINFV

Gadfly
We get paid double for Easter... and by "paid double," I mean we have 2 finals tomorrow... FML.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Last night the hotel I'm in has a wireless connection speed of .25 Mbs but today at this hotel I'm connected at 10+ Mbs gotta love Austin Texas. Hello HD Netflix!

Sasha

Forum Chief
Im gonna throw up.

Sasha

Forum Chief
give her phenergan, because from the adverse reactions I've seen- its much more fun

I need a smooth road for my two hour transport.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Gotta pee gotta pee gotta pee.