the 100% directionless thread

NREMTroe

Forum Crew Member
Like the title says Hi from Alberta Canada. I have just joined and also just finished my EMR training. Not licensed yet. Thanks for having me.

EMR? Thats previously first responder correct?

Anyways, talked to someone today, and apparently basics are supposed to be going to AEMT.. Oh well, medic school comes in august, don't think ill be participating in that class.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
EMR? Thats previously first responder correct?

Anyways, talked to someone today, and apparently basics are supposed to be going to AEMT.. Oh well, medic school comes in august, don't think ill be participating in that class.

AEMT is replacing EMT-I/85 and EMT-I/99, Basics are staying the same as far as NREMT is concerned. But either way, skip AEMT and go straight to medic

And EMR is Canada is their equivalent to EMT-B

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
The NREMT just posted my numbers. Officially an NREMT-Paramedic. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Anjel

Forum Angel

Congrats!

Just remember the only difference between God and a paramedic is that God doesn't go around thinking he's a medic.

Lol jk... Good job

DarcyP

Forum Ride Along
NREMTroe an EMR is western Canada's version of an EMT-B. There are scope differences but pretty much the same thiing.

NREMTroe

Forum Crew Member
AEMT is replacing EMT-I/85 and EMT-I/99, Basics are staying the same as far as NREMT is concerned. But either way, skip AEMT and go straight to medic

And EMR is Canada is their equivalent to EMT-B

Thanks for clearing that up for me, I wasn't quite for sure what was going on with the whole AEMT thing.

Congrats!

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
moving to jackson mississippi, is anybody here near there?

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Look what came in the mail today :)

2uh7fbm.jpg

But.. I'm also sick. It's a tradeoff.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Don't be rude, Brown. You can't say anything considering you can't spell 'their'.;)

Brown also cannot spell colour, hypoglycaemia or flavour it seems too.

Mrs Brown better not see this, she might get ideas like how she is right .... :D

Outbac1

Forum Asst. Chief
What a good laid back week. I had 4 shifts of paid vacation. Then worked four OT shifts at time & 1/2. Did a total of three calls. Except for the few hours driving in a blizzard it was almost like being on vacation. Lay back, do nothing, collect money. :)
Wonder If I can get away with it again next week?:rolleyes:

PS: Brown I believe you spell colour and flavour correctly.

Emma

Forum Lieutenant
So, riding the Metro train home today there was a snack size ziplock baggie of pot on the floor. It didn't seem to belong to anyone.

We all stood around looking at it and at eachother asking stupid quesions like "should we touch it?" At the next stop a guy grabbed it and walked out.

I *heart* public transportation.