the 100% directionless thread

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Three or four semesters to get my ems aas. Two or three to get an adn

Last edited by a moderator:

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Testing picture upload.

This is my occasionally psychotic dog, Chip.

Attachments

• IMG_1081.jpg
    IMG_1081.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 222

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
My partner is useless without GPS.

Brown is also if you put Brown outside Browns local area, Brown can get to the general area with local knowledge then the GPS narrows it down perfectly.

It also helps Brown is a blindereno who cant read street signs .... :D

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Testing picture upload.

This is my occasionally psychotic dog, Chip.

Wow that's some crazy eyes he has going on there! FYI I could bring up the pic when I clicked on the link but there was no thumbnail.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Well it has been a very fun time however Brown has to put Browns big boy cat in the hat hat on and deal with big people things.

Brown calls Ambulance, Officer Brown off watch.

8jimi8

CFRN

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Wow that's some crazy eyes he has going on there! FYI I could bring up the pic when I clicked on the link but there was no thumbnail.

Yea...hence the occasionally psychotic part.... ^_^ I took that picture with my iPod...hence the less than excellent quality.

I know about the thumbnail thing. I am trying to figure out if there is a way to pot pics directly from the computer to the forum without going through a third service, such as photobucket. There does not seem to be one currently.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I know about the thumbnail thing. I am trying to figure out if there is a way to pot pics directly from the computer to the forum without going through a third service, such as photobucket. There does not seem to be one currently.

No, we do not have a thumbnail mod on this forum.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Havin been and still being a "hosemonkey" myself ( :D ) I can honestly say that I do not understand the lack of professionalism shown by some firefighters toward pure EMS providers. That said, I have never worked Fire-based EMS, and where I am most places are seperate, with fire being fire and EMS being EMS. Just remember JT: a sheepskin is a sheepskin, and the more you have, the more your value goes up...besides, it might make it a tad cheaper on ya if you get your A.A.S....if you catch my drift.

im also a "hosemonkey, smoke eater, etc". in my area fire is also EMS. we mostly run 1 medic on all our engines and all firefighters have to be at least EMT-B. the citizens in this area want firefighters to be a jack of all trades. fires dont happen everyday in this area so firefighters do EMS, flood control, brush clearing, pretty much anything you can imagine. even have a story of a guy at a fire trying to fight firefighters. they called for the police and when they arrived the guy was hog tied to the back of the engine. and TBH thats why i like the fire aspect. i like being a "jack of all trades". your not great in one just skill but you are good in many skills.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
i like being a "jack of all trades". your not great in one just skill but you are good in many skills.

Brown thinks the public would perfer Ambulance Officers who were "geat" at what they do, practice paramedicine, rather than be "good" at it and 100 other things.

Did you know in other parts of the world it takes six to seven years to become an Advanced or Intensive Care Paramedic (ALS level) and generally such systems have no "medical control" ?

Now, which would you perfer? Somebody who is "good" or the other guy?

Sorry mate nothing personal :)

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
im also a "hosemonkey, smoke eater, etc". in my area fire is also EMS. we mostly run 1 medic on all our engines and all firefighters have to be at least EMT-B. the citizens in this area want firefighters to be a jack of all trades. fires dont happen everyday in this area so firefighters do EMS, flood control, brush clearing, pretty much anything you can imagine. even have a story of a guy at a fire trying to fight firefighters. they called for the police and when they arrived the guy was hog tied to the back of the engine. and TBH thats why i like the fire aspect. i like being a "jack of all trades". your not great in one just skill but you are good in many skills.

No offense, but I don't want you performing medical care on me then. I might be ok with you cutting apart a vehicle I'm in, but that's about as far as I would trust someone who is ok with being a JOAT

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
No offense, but I don't want you performing medical care on me then. I might be ok with you cutting apart a vehicle I'm in, but that's about as far as I would trust someone who is ok with being a JOAT

If I'm lying broken and twisted in a car and a "hose monkey" is on scene and the medics are 10 minutes out I think I'm cool with being treated by the hose monkey ^_^ or even a real monkey if it means I'll live long enough for the "experts" to take a look at me.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Heh, out here that will never happen. EMS agencies in my area are paid and on duty 24/7, FDs are all vollie and they're lucky if they get out the door in ten minutes since no one stays at teh station

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
If I'm lying broken and twisted in a car and a "hose monkey" is on scene and the medics are 10 minutes out I think I'm cool with being treated by the hose monkey ^_^ or even a real monkey if it means I'll live long enough for the "experts" to take a look at me.

Fire here provide EMS because usually they are first on scene. then once the ambulance comes fire let them take over. and sometimes the ambulance takes a while getting to the scene. would you rather be unattended for 10 mins (on rare occasions 30 mins) before a ambulance comes? or would you rather have a crew of 2 or 3 fire/EMTS and 1 fire/Medic treating you and getting you ready for transport?

I should also add that Fire here does NOT transport. we have a contract with another company

DarcyP

Forum Ride Along
Hi from Canada

Like the title says Hi from Alberta Canada. I have just joined and also just finished my EMR training. Not licensed yet. Thanks for having me.