the 100% directionless thread

Sassafras

Forum Captain
Finally broke down and bought a kindle. Now I gotta sell my Nook to make up the difference.

...anyone interested in a Nook? :p

Interested, yes.
Able, no.
I'm so poor that fleas think my blood is beneath them.
Nook will be my first choice though so I have the lending/borrowing option. Must pay down bills first though. Sigh.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Yes!! Welcome to the dark side! I picked mine up a few days ago, and I love it! It's my first E-Reader and I couldn't be happier.

Which one did you get?

Kindle 3, wi-fi only. Following my moral compass which is somewhere between "a-hole" and "pirate" I found a good 500 free e-books, so I don't think I'll have to worry about on-the-fly downloads.

Interested, yes.
Able, no.
I'm so poor that fleas think my blood is beneath them.
Nook will be my first choice though so I have the lending/borrowing option. Must pay down bills first though. Sigh.

Keep me in mind then, when you get your bills paid off. I doubt this'll go very fast. I'd definitely cut an EMTLifer a schweet deal.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
No, but they have seen this, which is, if you ask me, pretty rad looking. B)

Maybe, but what they really need for Brown is this:

Speed%20Limit%20Enforced%20by%20Aircraft.jpg

JPINFV

Gadfly
They used to try that in California until we sicced our sharks on them.

400helishark.jpg

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Agents of the US Marshal Service, the FBI, Customs and Border Protection and the Criminal Investigation Branch of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement have today declared Brown to be wanted in connection with various crimes including taking the piss out of Parathinktheyare's, CBP agents who are too dumb to read yet carry a large handgun and using the crew lane at airport security.

Reward for Brown's capture? Well, Brown is said to not be worth prosecuting so there ain't no reward.

Look for Brown on COPS, they are in Broward County lots! :D

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Kindle 3, wi-fi only. Following my moral compass which is somewhere between "a-hole" and "pirate" I found a good 500 free e-books, so I don't think I'll have to worry about on-the-fly downloads.

Free ebooks you say?

Sassafras

Forum Captain
Free ebooks you say?

Stanza is notorious for free independent ebooks...given most are literotica but there is always the gutenburg project.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Why does HotelCo have a badger as his avatar when badgers come from Wisconsin and not Michigan?

Badger, badger, badger, oh no its VT shock it, oh crap its the Broward County Sheriff Department, run Brown, run! :D

JPINFV

Gadfly
Badger, badger, badger, oh no its VT shock it, oh crap its the Broward County Sheriff Department, run Brown, run! :D

That's what you get for trying to smuggle some mushroom mushroom into the jail.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
You know how I know I'm a medic student again? My bag when I come to work weighs more than several small dismembered children.

medic417

The Truth Provider
You know how I know I'm a medic student again? My bag when I come to work weighs more than several small dismembered children.

:unsure: You know this how? Should I call AMW and suggest they look for missing children in your bags? :unsure:

:p

Asimurk

Forum Captain
:unsure: You know this how? Should I call AMW and suggest they look for missing children in your bags? :unsure:

:p

I once mentioned to a manager that I was going to Chipotle for lunch. She said eating there was like eating a test tube baby. My response was that they were crunchy enough for that.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
And we are rapidly approaching 8k posts. :)

On another note, I suppose I should get this house cleaned since my parents are coming home after two weeks out of town and me watching my sisters. :p Ohhhh boy. What a mess.

And I have to work a 24 starting tonight.

And the driveway needs to be plowed.

And I lost my credit card.

But I did get a 99 in basic computer science. (An easy elective....heh heh heh. I love easy electives.)

And I did get my iPhone working again. (Stupid SIM cards)

~~~~~~~~

Ok, here is a list for you.

1. Last thing I ate: Macaroni and Cheese. (Homemade of course.)
2. Last movie I watched: Inception
3: Contents of my left pocket: A pen, some chap-stick, a crumpled piece of paper with the tire store phone number on it, my truck key.
4: My t-shirt color: Navy blue
5: Am I wearing a watch? No
6: Last person I talked to on the phone: My best friend
7: Is there snow on the ground outside? Yes
8: On duty right now? Not yet. At 1800
9: Favorite color: Blue

Is that random enough?
:unsure:

Sassafras

Forum Captain
On calls used to only get one maybe two max IFT runs a day on Sundays...every Sunday for the past two months has given me 5 calls half of which are long distance transports. I'm thinking I won't be available weekends anymore LOL. I've worked every weekend for the past 2 months and will be next month too...I'd like to go grocery shopping soon. My cupboards are getting bare...I wonder how long someone has worked 7 days straight (two jobs makes my schedule every day) and survived.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Tomorrow starts my 120 hours of clinical rotations that will be completed in 2 weeks. While working full time and 17 hours of school a week.

I think I may ask to reschedule some.