the 100% directionless thread

Fox800

Forum Captain
Complaining I guess, I'm not tired so sleep isn't really an option...although I probably need to sleep, I have to drive to Dallas tomorrow to see the family.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Had my first DOA by suicide today.:sad:
Not cool. I had yet another fatal MVA today. :sad: This guy was MOVING when he hit the trees. Completely sheered off two approx 8 inch pine trees. His truck (an F-150) had almost three feet of front end intrusion. His truck sprayed fluids and plastic bits almost 50 feet in front of where he came to rest. :wacko: Poor guy never has a chance. However, I almost think he was out or gone already when he hit the trees. He went full out into these trees a good 75 feet off the road, through almost a foot of wet snow. And his foot was on the throttle when he hit because the wheels dug all the way through the snow and had sprayed dirt behind them. So, I don't really know.......

DOAs suck. Takes all the fun out of a call.

Asimurk

Forum Captain
So, a year or two ago a couple friends of mine are hiking, and decide to check out a culvert, or a traversable drainage system. In there they find this guy hanging from rope around his midsection or torso, single gunshot wound, and a rifle underneath him keeping his upper body rigid. The body was in enough of a state of decomposition that I believe they said a foot fell off when they touched it. I'm guessing what I'm going to ask is slightly out of scope for EMS, but how would the guy be gotten out of there?

Sassafras

Forum Captain
20 hours one the clock today. 7 of those past scheduled time. Freaking out autistic child with touch aversion and mom saying don't touch her at all to examine for IFT transporters for lovely documentation and a two hour vomiting infant IFT for a metabolic disorder. I'm tired.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
So, a year or two ago a couple friends of mine are hiking, and decide to check out a culvert, or a traversable drainage system. In there they find this guy hanging from rope around his midsection or torso, single gunshot wound, and a rifle underneath him keeping his upper body rigid. The body was in enough of a state of decomposition that I believe they said a foot fell off when they touched it. I'm guessing what I'm going to ask is slightly out of scope for EMS, but how would the guy be gotten out of there?

Wow. Like suicide? Or was it some sort of ritualistic or horribly well planned murder?

As for getting him out, that is for the coroner to figure out. :p

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Brown got hs sexy new smartypants phone working guess monkey man aint the only one tapping with the talk

Tapping with the talk.....lol!

Brown, I love you. You are one of the coolest people on this forum. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Asimurk

Forum Captain
Wow. Like suicide? Or was it some sort of ritualistic or horribly well planned murder?

As for getting him out, that is for the coroner to figure out. :p

I think it was deemed suicide. He was missing for about a year before being found. Foul play might have been involved. No way of really knowing.

Coroner's duty, works for me.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Looks like I've now got a PRN gig on a transfer truck in NM :)

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I can trade you... Non-stop rain since Friday.
I'll trade you. Been mainly getting rain only at night time. I blame one of my friends who is a tennis coach. She gets off early when it rains so she always hopes it is gonna rain. If you want it to rain, it's not gonna rain. :wacko: Logic: If you want it to rain, stop wanting rain, and it'll rain. Right?

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
If anyone EVER had any doubt as to how white my cloud is that follows me on shift:

I was on shift with 2 major black clouds yesterday. one of who had an intubation each shift for the past 12 shifts. It was also a full moon AND a blood moon.

We slept all night. Our 'worst' call was an unconcious diabetic who was fine with some D50. The 2-car MVC with rollover entrapment we got toned to in the morning had no injures, and the entrapment was a puppy who refused to come out.

8jimi8

CFRN
If anyone EVER had any doubt as to how white my cloud is that follows me on shift:

I was on shift with 2 major black clouds yesterday. one of who had an intubation each shift for the past 12 shifts. It was also a full moon AND a blood moon.

We slept all night. Our 'worst' call was an unconcious diabetic who was fine with some D50. The 2-car MVC with rollover entrapment we got toned to in the morning had no injures, and the entrapment was a puppy who refused to come out.

you must not be ready.

lol! jk bro!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Wanna come ride a shift with me next full moon? I might be able to get you a code or two :p

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Is anybody else having problems signing into Skype, Brown cannot sign in on his compopulator or his new smartypants phone

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Is anybody else having problems signing into Skype, Brown cannot sign in on his compopulator or his new smartypants phone
Yep, we've been having problems all day with it. Not good since we use it at work.

jjesusfreak01

Forum Deputy Chief
I've been called a ":censored::censored::censored::censored:-magnet" and a "black cloud" so far, but on my last shift I was complimented because we got two good looking girls as patients, so apparently i'm an awesome magnet.

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
Bummer. I logged out to see if I would have problem, and now can't log back in. Not that important though, since none of my friends could log on in the first place.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Brown didnt think Skype could be used to call the 911 :p
Ah, but 911 is my vollie gig. My paying job is reading people's emails and sniffing what they do on the internet. :p