the 100% directionless thread

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Meanwhile I'm still waiting on that PHTLS class I signed up for last year right before the pandemic really got started, and thus kept getting delayed because of, currently delayed indefinitely.

Meanwhile all sorts of classes our department was putting on that had also been canceled are in full swing again, like Fire Service Instructor 1, Blue Card (some fancy incident command), HazMat FRO, etc, but not a word about PHTLS yet...

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Meanwhile I'm still waiting on that PHTLS class I signed up for last year right before the pandemic really got started, and thus kept getting delayed because of, currently delayed indefinitely.

Meanwhile all sorts of classes our department was putting on that had also been canceled are in full swing again, like Fire Service Instructor 1, Blue Card (some fancy incident command), HazMat FRO, etc, but not a word about PHTLS yet...

If you can get time for it and the dept to pay, you should try and get into one of the DHS CDP classes like https://cdp.dhs.gov/training/course/PER-267

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I’m still waiting to do my PHTLS in person so I can get my instructor cert back. The NARMT is such a pain with this stuff.
In other news, I am now a VFIS EVDT/EVOC instructor.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I think our Trauma season just kicked off yesterday. Stand up 24 and I'm now on hour 36 of being awake.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Anybody ever worked for/with the various EMS consulting firms? [mention]NomadicMedic [/mention] perhaps?

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
We had a cardiac arrest yesterday and it was weird, at first I thought the guy was rigor (but he was just wedged between the toilet and shower in an awkward way.... why is it always the gap between the toilet and shower?!?!)

Our AED showed a PEA with a nice looking normal sinus, even when EMS showed with their Zoll it showed a nice rhythm. Got the Lucas on, ran the code, ~20ish min got a faint pulse, loaded into the ambulance, lost ROSC, let the Lucas thump along all the way to the hospital.

I rode in with EMS, and met one of our new FF Recruits in the academy doing their ride along portion of NREMT phase, he did well enough, and the code seemed to run smoothly.

Too bad we just never get any follow up, give patients to the ER, and that's pretty much it on our end...

NomadicMedic

Anybody ever worked for/with the various EMS consulting firms? [mention]NomadicMedic [/mention] perhaps?

Yes. Worked with several. Worked for one. I also do some consulting on the side, usually focused on Qi project development and implementation.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Fyi, the mention tags don't work like that. Just put an @ symbol in front of their name to get the effect you're looking for

pregnancywhine

Forum Crew Member
Someday everything will make perfect sense. So, for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Well that was fun, first call of the day was for a Covid positive patient w/ diff breathing, cough, and a fever...

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
#Keepdirectionalessthreadsdirectionaless

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Probably got the most useful ems week gift ever. The 5.11 10L sling pack.

NomadicMedic

My old partner/Paramedic instructor/Medic at a competing service brought me a pour of 15 year Pappy Van Winkle.

I'm a big fan.

I’m not enough of a true burbon drinker to know the difference. It’s usually Makers or Knob Creek for me. And that’s for an old fashioned. Once you start putting sugar and bitters and fruit in it... you might as well be mixing paint thinner.