the 100% directionless thread

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Finally they release at-home rapid COVID tests...they look to be reasonably efficacious.

Just ordered from WalMart - curious to try it out & maybe get a little extra comfort on the weeks I'm not occupationally tested.

Last edited:

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
I just want enough space one day for a good squat rack and a full set up for Olympic lifts.
I finally got a cage and set of bumper plates, best money I've spent in a long time.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Wellp, it's that time of the year. City&County of Honolulu wants $465 from me in exchange for the privilege of driving on their roads for another year...

(and because its an odd numbered year, I also get to pay for a mandated Safefy Check as well to be able to renew..

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Wellp, it's that time of the year. City&County of Honolulu wants $465 from me in exchange for the privilege of driving on their roads for another year...

(and because its an odd numbered year, I also get to pay for a mandated Safefy Check as well to be able to renew..
Having seen the island junkers around there, it's obvious the "safety" check really means give us a check.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
My teaching assistant is helping me get ready for yet another remote class...
057F4C97-E7E4-45EA-9F3A-927B683415F0.jpeg

Old Tracker

Forum Asst. Chief
I know that feeling. You go to sleep knowing that you are first or second up, and the tones go off for the other station. I dunno for sure, but I think I just roll over and fall asleep again with a smile on my face.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Working the pm overnight OT at a multi company station, there's just something cathartic about hearing the tones go off in the middle of the night, but being able to roll back over because they're for the Quint not my Engine 😆

That’s how it was at my old station. Except it was always me getting up. I never got to do the coveted rollover.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Thats why I try to go to sleep around 2100 at work, especially if I'm up next. At least doing that still gives me a good amount of sleep even if I wake up. My partner is usually earlier and has regularly gotten 6+ of sleep before our middle of the night call.

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
Working the pm overnight OT at a multi company station, there's just something cathartic about hearing the tones go off in the middle of the night, but being able to roll back over because they're for the Quint not my Engine 😆
Second only to clearing the scene in the engine and waving to the box as they leave for the hospital and I go back to the station.🤣🤣🤣

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Signed up for PHTLS and TECC classes later this year.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Start my second shot at the 911 job in two weeks. Hope they sign off this time. They’re always in need of people to do 911 since people call out every day.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Was tooling around another forum site and the topic of Astronauts came up (specifically requirements and qualifications to get in), so of course I'm doing just a bit of daydreaming about that old childhood goal/dream and so I look it up.

The base requirements, while lofty, aren't exactly insurmountable (they want things like a Masters Degree in a relevant STEM field... I don't even have an Associates yet lol), 1,000 hours pilot in command experience, well maybe if I ever actually manage to get into Army Natl Guard Warrant Officer Flight Training... yadda yadda yadda

OK, beyond the application requirements, looking at one of the most recent classes of Astronauts actually selected. 11 People. Out of over 18,000 applicants, Eleven got selected.

One of whom was a Navy SEAL who became a Physician (not with an MD or DO, but a Doctorate) and is now an Astronaut. And he's not even the only Physician. Another guy who was an Army Blackhawk pilot, was a Surgeon for a Special Forces Group....

*looks over at the pizza I just ordered to enjoy while watching The Falcon and The Winter Soldier* totally gonna be me one of these days 😅 😅 😅

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Was tooling around another forum site and the topic of Astronauts came up (specifically requirements and qualifications to get in), so of course I'm doing just a bit of daydreaming about that old childhood goal/dream and so I look it up.

The base requirements, while lofty, aren't exactly insurmountable (they want things like a Masters Degree in a relevant STEM field... I don't even have an Associates yet lol), 1,000 hours pilot in command experience, well maybe if I ever actually manage to get into Army Natl Guard Warrant Officer Flight Training... yadda yadda yadda

OK, beyond the application requirements, looking at one of the most recent classes of Astronauts actually selected. 11 People. Out of over 18,000 applicants, Eleven got selected.

One of whom was a Navy SEAL who became a Physician (not with an MD or DO, but a Doctorate) and is now an Astronaut. And he's not even the only Physician. Another guy who was an Army Blackhawk pilot, was a Surgeon for a Special Forces Group....

*looks over at the pizza I just ordered to enjoy while watching The Falcon and The Winter Soldier* totally gonna be me one of these days 😅 😅 😅
Still miss that Boston's Northend Pizza

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
The boredom is really starting to set in. I have good pay and an awesome schedule (aside from waking up at 0430), but damn...I am starting to miss getting to do medic things.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
The boredom is really starting to set in. I have good pay and an awesome schedule (aside from waking up at 0430), but damn...I am starting to miss getting to do medic things.
I believe this is where age and experience really begin to interject.