the 100% directionless thread

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Scheduled to take a test at Air Methods. I guess I need a web cam now? I wonder if it'll give me an idea how well I'll do on the FP-C since I haven't taken that yet. I was scheduled to take FP-C back in December, but chickened out/cancelled (planning to reschedule) cause I was afraid I was going to fail. Decided to do FlightBridgeED course before trying FP-C so been doing that slowly.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Got a call, my alarm went off. I saw and it was the maintenance men in my building. Thought maybe they just were checking power.

I get a call from the apartment manager about the alarm. Let them know it's off. But now they say there's a burst pipe in my apartment. Nice.

My car has no heat and they want me to drive back, roads are icy and it's very cold. Highways are closed, the overpasses are

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
They said a fire suppression system pipe broke from outside under the ground and leaked into my unit. They said the riser room notified them of the water leak.

There is standing water in my apartment.

They can't vacuum out the water (or remove it) because they have no power.

It's been about 46 hours without power at my place.

I think a few of my textbooks, papers, maybe some power strip depending on how deep it got, etc are affected, but I haven't been back. Roads are too bad to risk it.

They say they will not pay for my belongings. That it's on me and my insurance company.

I have no money for a deductible to pay the insurance and no money to replace anything. I hope the printer isn't toast.

Ugh. I don't know what to do.

I filed with my company, but based on the dec page, they might not cover it anyway.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Scheduled to take a test at Air Methods. I guess I need a web cam now? I wonder if it'll give me an idea how well I'll do on the FP-C since I haven't taken that yet. I was scheduled to take FP-C back in December, but chickened out/cancelled (planning to reschedule) cause I was afraid I was going to fail. Decided to do FlightBridgeED course before trying FP-C so been doing that slowly.
Yeah you will need a webcam as that is part of the online proctored exam. You will not know how you did on the exam as far as a score goes, however some of the questions are similar to some FP-C ones.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I assume the extra 16 months of studying helped on FP-C, but my prehire test was the hardest test Ive ever taken. I thought FP-C was harder than NREMT, but I didnt think it was terrible.

My wife is a Medic and an ICU RN, and she thought the prehire test was hard (this was not with Air Methods).

Last edited:

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Even if I don't get a break down of the score, I guess if I proceed with the hiring process, then it probably means I didn't do that bad. I am sure if I get hired, the orientation in Denver will also be extremely helpful.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Ordered an exercise bike, my mtn bike on the trainer is loud and awkward, plus despite being able to fit a 29er, it really doesnt fit.

Probably end up buying the nordictrack rower with the membership package. Wife wants the videos, I dont care, which is why I didnt buy a peloton.

OceanBossMan263

Forum Crew Member
I miss having a rowing machine, had a Stamina one. Good workout but loud and space-consuming and did get boring without something to watch or listen to

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Google Dr John Hinds. It will change your mind in regards to ROSC in Traumatic Arrest.
Not sure where you’re going with this, and I am well aware of Dr. Hinds and his TED talks. Ultimately, he was no more (or less) a case for traumatic arrest survivors.

Truly, sad. He was well ahead of his time.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I enjoyed Dr. Hinds talk. Was it TED or called something else like FOAM or something?

HunterTMars

Forum Crew Member
Not sure where you’re going with this, and I am well aware of Dr. Hinds and his TED talks. Ultimately, he was no more (or less) a case for traumatic arrest survivors.

Truly, sad. He was well ahead of his time.
Just that his approach to care in traumatic arrest was amazing. For him and his encounters, ROSC in Traumatic Arrest was much better than 1%. Clearly the dynamics of the scenarios he was involved with are far different than the garden variety EMS provider.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Just that his approach to care in traumatic arrest was amazing. For him and his encounters, ROSC in Traumatic Arrest was much better than 1%. Clearly the dynamics of the scenarios he was involved with are far different than the garden variety EMS provider.
Yes, but he was not an EMS practitioner in “The States”. His environment is (was?) a complete contrast to Western Medicine.

Unfortunate? Perhaps. But he was essentially a HEMS doctor, doing HEMS doctor things.

With all of that said, his impact was somewhat of a mythical level in regards to FOAM, TED, of whatever the hell you want to call it.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
My partner is going to the army next week so I got offered a 15:00-03:00 shift, Thursday-Sat. I start it this afternoon. Looking forward to it.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Had the sleep study followup appointment on Tuesday. I'm having obstructive apneas and hypopneas mostly during REM sleep. Apparently dreaming and breathing at the same time is hard for me 🤣