the 100% directionless thread

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Is a share pack of m&m's really for two people or is it all for me at two different points in the day?
Depends. If it’s peanut m&m’s then it is for one person all at one time. If you disagree, fight me

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
All of these M&Ms are YOURS...except the green ones. Eat them together. Eat them in peace...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
You mean the clinical definition is different or... they're all AMS?
In certain areas AOx3 means a completely normal mentation while in others AOx4 means the same thing. It is a regional change. I notice it a lot with float nurses or travel nurses who come from other areas.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
In certain areas AOx3 means a completely normal mentation while in others AOx4 means the same thing. It is a regional change. I notice it a lot with float nurses or travel nurses who come from other areas.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

THAT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE.

My partner had a pt from the floor and asked the nurse his orientation. AOx3 she said, that he was fully alert and oriented. He was so confused and we just thought the nurse had no idea how to nurse.

What is the question that isn't asked?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

THAT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE.

My partner had a pt from the floor and asked the nurse his orientation. AOx3 she said, that he was fully alert and oriented. He was so confused and we just thought the nurse had no idea how to nurse.

What is the question that isn't asked?
If you are using the questions of Person, Place, Time, and Purpose, then Purpose is not included.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I thought the 4th one was events? Like you know your name, city, year... but can't remember why you're suddenly talking to EMS (cuz you wrecked your bike or whatever)?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I thought the 4th one was events? Like you know your name, city, year... but can't remember why you're suddenly talking to EMS (cuz you wrecked your bike or whatever)?
I’ve seen it used differently in different text books.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I've talked about this a couple of times. Fake paramedicing since 2011.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Assuming the standard weight of a battery powered gurney (125 lbs), how many kgs in weight can you lift additionally?

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Assuming the standard weight of a battery powered gurney (125 lbs), how many kgs in weight can you lift additionally?
Stryker Power-PRO XT Ambulance Cot Specifications
Weight Capacity: 700 lbs (318 kg). MaximumUnassisted Lift Capacity: 500 lbs (225 kg). Backrest Articulation/Shock Position: 0 to 73° / + 15°. Overall Length: 81" (206 cm).

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Stryker Power-PRO XT Ambulance Cot Specifications
Weight Capacity: 700 lbs (318 kg). MaximumUnassisted Lift Capacity: 500 lbs (225 kg). Backrest Articulation/Shock Position: 0 to 73° / + 15°. Overall Length: 81" (206 cm).
When I read her question, I pretty much read it as "How much weight can YOU lift on top of the weight of the gurney? Do you even lift bro?" There is no way I am lifting more than 200 lbs (~90 kg) and usually I have my partner's help to lift or lull out the gurney with the patient on it. Not sure if that is what she asking, but that's how I read it. You're not in the US or what made you ask in kg, Dragon???

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
When I read her question, I pretty much read it as "How much weight can YOU lift on top of the weight of the gurney? Do you even lift bro?" There is no way I am lifting more than 200 lbs (~90 kg) and usually I have my partner's help to lift or lull out the gurney with the patient on it. Not sure if that is what she asking, but that's how I read it. You're not in the US or what made you ask in kg, Dragon???

Yes, it's definitely a "Do you even lift bro".

Ah well I do kg now for pt wt. It's medicine. We're metric when possible.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
index(2).jpg

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
It’s always a 2 person lift with a cot. Always.

We routinely move 300+ pound patients on the Stryker Power Pro. (Thats 136 kg for those of you that yearn to be Canadian)