the 100% directionless thread

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Lol no matter how badass the Marines think they are they are still under the Navy. :p lol

-HMR, US Navy ^_^

No no no no no. They fall under the Secretary of the Navy. That's all. Besides, someone has to be there to defend the ship from its own crew. Lol. The MA shack and the armory are USMC run.

EMS/LEO505

Forum Lieutenant
Lol, yeah yeah...but the Navy Corpsmen takes care of the marines :p

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Brown is still distraught over intubating the esophagus ... but is pleased he noticed it and fixed it and that the HEMS Doctor did not notice! :D

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Brown is still distraught over intubating the esophagus ... but is pleased he noticed it and fixed it and that the HEMS Doctor did not notice! :D

Don't feel too bad Brown. Now, I'm no paramedic or nuffin, but while running thru scenarios tonite at OTEP, during a scenario for the medics about a child with stridor and other obvious signs of epiglottis including increased cyanosis and decreased LOC. I (being a stupid intermediate) asked, so, as a medic, would you RSI this kiddo? :-S Got a good laugh out of the instructor. Lol

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
Happy Veterans Day Everyone One!!!

SPC KDL, ARNG

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
How do ya'll deal with the frustration of coworkers, the parents of young children, doing dumb **** such as speeding around seatbelt-less, drinking profusely, and smoking like a chimney... when they fully know, firsthand, the consequences of such behavior??

I wish I could say this behavior didn't bother me, and it usually doesn't, but when it's the parent of a toddler... I get really frustrated. UGH. I'm not overly nosy and I have no place to say anything... just venting.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
We stuck each other Tuesday (11/9). I got an owie on my left AC. Actually didn't hurt at all (and still doesn't hurt), but it looks bad.

owie.jpg

Oh, my partner was successful, but I missed. :( He already had several venipuncture done to him earlier (like maybe two weeks ago) on both of his arms so all the good veins were taken up. I was going to go higher up or lower (cause we haven't learned how to do it anywhere else yet and the teacher said it was okay although I don't expect it to be much different in the hand), but just as I was about to stick him, the teacher said go higher up than what I was doing (I was gonna go into a spot were the vein was still visible). I went up not thinking that the vein kinda goes diagonally, and thought it went vertically instead so I missed it. Lancets are easier. :( Can't miss with those (I hope)!

Last edited by a moderator:

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I likey this built in bluetooth in my dad's brand new Suburban, which incidentally I get to drive for two weeks while he is out of town and my truck is down.

:D

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
*Brown takes off his Cat In The Hat hat and snuggles up with his teddy ready for a good nights sleep

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
*Brown takes off his Cat In The Hat hat and snuggles up with his teddy ready for a good nights sleep

Did you ditch Mrs. Brown for a teddy, or did Mrs. Brown tell you that a teddy is the only thing you'll be snuggling with today.

:p

medic417

The Truth Provider
Did you ditch Mrs. Brown for a teddy, or did Mrs. Brown tell you that a teddy is the only thing you'll be snuggling with today.

Brown is no cat, he has no hat.
Brown's life has strife, he has no wife.

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
I love my dispatch job. I love my dispatch job. I love my dispatch job.

I just took a 911 call AND dispatched the fire department on a man who said "I was giving my daughters poodle a bath, and his leg got stuck in the drain and we can't get it out... I've already tried Crisco Oil and the dog keeps yelping.."

I love my dispatch job. I love my dispatch job. I love my dispatch job.