the 100% directionless thread

medic417

The Truth Provider
Brown just made vegetarian super chilli

Chile can not be made w/o meat no matter what vegetarians claim. Why is it vegetarians won't eat meat yet they try and make products that they claim taste like meat?( soy bacon, even hot dogs wonder if those are made with vegetable by products? )

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm not a vegetarian but I have to admit I truly enjoy some of the meat imposter stuff... morningstar "chicken nuggets," boca burgers and the spicy chicken patties rock.

C.T.E.M.R.

Forum Lieutenant
Meat is the only way to go! Then again i did grow up around a farming family, so i might be a little biased on the subject.

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
Wow, I cant believe its only Tuesday. It feels like it should be Thursday or Friday. Why is this week going by so SLLLOOOOWWWW??? :excl:

FrostbiteMedic

Forum Lieutenant
Beef. It's What's For Dinner.
Doesn't that sound a whole lot better than
Tofu. It's what's for dinner.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Wow, I cant believe its only Tuesday. It feels like it should be Thursday or Friday. Why is this week going by so SLLLOOOOWWWW??? :excl:

Screw you. Tomorrow is my Monday.

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
Sigh. Have to get up for work in less than 2 hours, and I'm still awake. I hate day shift.

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Dude the swings are KILLING me. I'm glad for the experience... but being a trainee on the busy end of the week (weds-sun) during the "power shift" (1400-0000) working a police radio channel + phones is BRUTAL. Fun, but stressful.

I literally cried last time I worked. :wacko:

EMSLaw

Legal Beagle
Dude the swings are KILLING me. I'm glad for the experience... but being a trainee on the busy end of the week (weds-sun) during the "power shift" (1400-0000) working a police radio channel + phones is BRUTAL. Fun, but stressful.

9-1-1... Please hold.

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief

that sucks.. That is why I like my 12 12 24 shift :)

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Hahaha of course it's not a primary channel. It's just the channel cops come over to call for tows, case numbers, to run people for warrants, and some very strange non-emergent requests XD. I usually have to put the officers on hold, unfortunately, but if I have an EMS call that I have help on the way for but need to stay on the phone for, but doesn't require constant attention such as CPR/choking... I will happily attend to the officers while still passively listening to the caller. It does get insane though. I love running 3 people with 4 Latino last names while still taking 911s and calling tows for other officers. Kinda.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
that sucks.. That is why I like my 12 12 24 shift :)

I'd love to do 12s... I used to do them. No way I could do 24s though sitting in one place in dispatch with the call volume we get.

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
I'd love to do 12s... I used to do them. No way I could do 24s though sitting in one place in dispatch with the call volume we get.

I dont think i could be a dispatcher. Just responding to calls and trying to get the information from the face to face is hard enough.. i couldnt imagine trying to do it over the phone.

So your one of the evil voices that yells at me when I am nice and warm in my bed asleep, that tells me to get up and go some where!!!! :p

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
In my phlebotomy class, we did our first human venipunctures on each other today. :)

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
I dont think i could be a dispatcher. Just responding to calls and trying to get the information from the face to face is hard enough.. i couldnt imagine trying to do it over the phone.

So your one of the evil voices that yells at me when I am nice and warm in my bed asleep, that tells me to get up and go some where!!!! :p

Hehehe. I wish we didn't have to half the time I swear!!!

It's very different. You know how in EMS it's best to answer open-ended questions? Absolutely not the case on the phone. It's a very different mindset and difficult to adjust to.

I wish we could automate part of our 911s. "If you are reporting baby-mama drama, please press 1. Press 2 to be the 10th person to report an accident we've been on scene of for 10 minutes, that you have no idea of the location, whether or not involved persons are injured, and did not witness. Press 3 if your neighborhood kids are pissing you off." Etc etc

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
Hehehe. I wish we didn't have to half the time I swear!!!

It's very different. You know how in EMS it's best to answer open-ended questions? Absolutely not the case on the phone. It's a very different mindset and difficult to adjust to.

I wish we could automate part of our 911s. "If you are reporting baby-mama drama, please press 1. Press 2 to be the 10th person to report an accident we've been on scene of for 10 minutes, that you have no idea of the location, whether or not involved persons are injured, and did not witness. Press 3 if your neighborhood kids are pissing you off." Etc etc

I hate calling 911 in general. I remember the last time I called 911 for a Car Accident, I identified my self and informed dispatch exactly what needed and how many patients I had on scene that would have to be transported. the dispatcher, (I know you guys have your protocols and all those lovely questions you have to ask) started asking me those questions..

I learned, if you witness an accident and have your radio with you! DONT USE YOUR CELL PHONE, Use your radio, dispatch wont ask as many questions!