the 100% directionless thread

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Im still astounded that TP was the first thing to go, but food is following quickly behind it. Granted my local WM is the absolute worst at restocking shelves, but I saw some evidence at our local Sams club as well.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
One of my friends back in So Cal has said there've been empty shelves of toilet paper, amd that she had a hard time buying cleaning products, and now foodstuffs like instant ramen are being panic bought.

Locally... well I've made a point of trying to avoid Costco and the other stores lol, but there was a news report that Costco was limiting how many rolls of tp a single customer could buy at a time...

VentMonkey

Family Guy
One of my friends back in So Cal has said there've been empty shelves of toilet paper, amd that she had a hard time buying cleaning products, and now foodstuffs like instant ramen are being panic bought.

Locally... well I've made a point of trying to avoid Costco and the other stores lol, but there was a news report that Costco was limiting how many rolls of tp a single customer could buy at a time...
B6206518-BA19-4218-8C1E-4C6BC03440A4.jpeg

751F5DF6-C916-4C58-9F56-82D7EB1FC6F0.jpeg

Yerp. Certainly not our proudest moment in history.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
People stocking up on toilet paper, I'm stocking up on ammo because I'm coming for your toilet paper.

Peak

ED/Prehospital Registered Nurse
People stocking up on toilet paper, I'm stocking up on ammo because I'm coming for your toilet paper.

People be loosing their minds.

It's the first time in while I've seriously considered carrying at work.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
UHU is a calculation of time on task vs time scheduled in total. For me, I spent 19 out of 24 hours out of station, on calls or posting. 19/24=0.79, meaning nearly 80 percent of my 24 hour shift was awake. Fatigue!

Time to start complaining about this job and get ready to move again.

At least its not a 0.7 UHU in a wheelchar vcan

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Welp... Potato land has its first confirmed covid patient.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Ugh. The 6 year old is out of school for 3 weeks now. Her and my wife are spending 1.5 weeks of that in California, while I continue to attempt remodeling with the 2 year old around.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Time to start complaining about this job and get ready to move again.

At least its not a 0.7 UHU in a wheelchar vcan
It’s easy if you keep the boxes.

Also, attitudes like Nomad’s are exactly why EMS remains the crippled stepchild of medicine. We identify risks and accept them, but discussing them in any form or fashion opens up lines of attack on ourselves by people who think expressing concerns in an appropriate semi-private semi-anonymous forum is somehow an indicator of dissatisfaction.

There are times I wonder why I continue to stay in a field that says they need good, passionate, intelligent, kind people and that does critical work in complex, challenging circumstances and environments, but also puts those same people into highly dangerous circumstances not out of necessity, but of convenience and tradition.

Hopefully it starts making positive changes to promote health and safety.

Last edited:

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
It’s easy if you keep the boxes.

Also, attitudes like Nomad’s are exactly why EMS remains the crippled stepchild of medicine. We identify risks and accept them, but discussing them in any form or fashion opens up lines of attack on ourselves by people who think expressing concerns in an appropriate semi-private semi-anonymous forum is somehow an indicator of dissatisfaction.

There are times I wonder why I continue to stay in a field that says they need good, passionate, intelligent, kind people and that does critical work in complex, challenging circumstances and environments, but also puts those same people into highly dangerous circumstances not out of necessity, but of convenience and tradition.

Hopefully it starts making positive changes to promote health and safety.

Taking your track record into consideration on this forum you ***** and moan about every job you've ever held. We've seen this story before so stop selling it to us. You find the greatest place ever then after spending some time at *insert greatest place ever* you start to complain. The sups are bad, the call volume, the shifts, the gurney vans. If you're that unhappy wherever you go then leave EMS, don't let the door hit you on the way out because quite frankly you're attitude towards working at whatever company/ agency you're working at is toxic and has no place in EMS.