GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I don't get that reference either
5kvuv.jpg

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I had honestly never heard the term GTS till Dr. Ritu Sahni said it on a secondshift podcast. He is much older than I so maybe it was generational..........or I just never heard it before.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I had honestly never heard the term GTS till Dr. Ritu Sahni said it on a secondshift podcast. He is much older than I so maybe it was generational..........or I just never heard it before.
I just couldn’t get into that FBE subset podcast. Too much talky-talky, no mucho learny-learny.

The Lighthouse Project can get that way sometimes, but Jarvis reigns it in a tad better IMO.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Ah the Wonder Years. Everyone loved that show in the 90s... except my 5 year old self was far more interested in the Power Rangers lol

Nowadays I end up watching shows where I end up yelling at the TV, like on that 9-1-1 Lone Star... I know its Texas, but I dont think ATCEMS medics can do Foley catheters in the field on standing orders (and of course in the show they end up spraying bladder contents all over because... tv?)

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Ah the Wonder Years. Everyone loved that show in the 90s... except my 5 year old self was far more interested in the Power Rangers lol

Nowadays I end up watching shows where I end up yelling at the TV, like on that 9-1-1 Lone Star... I know its Texas, but I dont think ATCEMS medics can do Foley catheters in the field on standing orders (and of course in the show they end up spraying bladder contents all over because... tv?)

It doesn't even look like that. Texas. It's obviously not filmed near location

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Are you saying I shouldn’t turn the gout patient into a chemical weapon with oxygen and a defibrillator?

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
I can't remember the last time I was glad to be alive

Seirende

Now that I think more about it the last time was probably a month ago, when my newest nephew was born

Seirende

Nowadays I end up watching shows where I end up yelling at the TV, like on that 9-1-1 Lone Star...

I watched the first episode and couldn't take anymore despite Rob Lowe's good looks

VentMonkey

Family Guy
The other day we had an impending respiratory failure that bought a tube.

Despite his best efforts, the ground paramedic could not kick the refractory, and impending failure.

Sedated, paralyzed, and intubated. Put the patient in PCV with an aggressive PEEP and watched the vitals trend back towards livable.

I’m sure the gases were still all kinds of wonky. I didn’t stick around to find out.

Heh, does still feel good to see hard work and effort pay off in favor of the patients. That is all.