the 100% directionless thread

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I have never had a no hitter

RocketMedic

So I'm really wanting to live in a nice RV and travel or something, maybe teach....heck, maybe even California or something. I dunno. Just tired of silliness

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
bb603f1cd41df4adc76f05ddc2748d72.jpg

Yep I'm a nerd.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Ventilator management made ridiculously easy: Turn on vent. Connect it to gas. Connect to patient. Do not blow up patient lungs (too much gas). Do not let patient turn blue (too little gas). Do not forget you were supposed to connect it to gas. Do not get beat up by patient (do not forget to sedate patient). Do not let patient look like floppy baby (too much sedation). Do not let patient explode (do NOT connect vent to propane tank).

When all go well, take credit. When all go bad, blame RT.

Just kidding!!!! Now back to our regularly scheduled mayhem.

Nick15

Forum Crew Member
Closest thing I ever had to a no hitter was my last shift I worked on Saturday and it was only 9 hours. 1 call in that time period. It's the most boring thing in the world to be sitting in an ambulance not connected to wifi and have no data left for the month...yes I know, first world problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Ventilator management made ridiculously easy: Turn on vent. Connect it to gas. Connect to patient. Do not blow up patient lungs (too much gas). Do not let patient turn blue (too little gas). Do not forget you were supposed to connect it to gas. Do not get beat up by patient (do not forget to sedate patient). Do not let patient look like floppy baby (too much sedation). Do not let patient explode (do NOT connect vent to propane tank).

Just kidding!!!! Now back to our regularly scheduled mayhem.
Id add "press silence alarm button repeatedly" if using an impact vent

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

RocketMedic

Id add "press silence alarm button repeatedly" if using an impact vent

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Those are ridiculous vents that I have learned to dislike. I much prefer the E series and the HT1

VentMonkey

Family Guy

Yes...yeeesss...all true out of the hospital and extension lines away from paging respiratory.
Those are ridiculous vents that I have learned to dislike. I much prefer the E series and the HT1
Agreed. That vent sat in our CBS' office for maybe a week? Talk about archaic. All hail the T1!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Our new vents are the rebadged impact emv+. Zoll is marketing them now. We have eleven coming in by the end of the month

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Our new vents are the rebadged impact emv+. Zoll is marketing them now. We have eleven coming in by the end of the month
Yep, same vent, different marketers. The Zoll rep came and gave us the schpiel. To me it literally looked like they picked up where the last company left off, and just slapped a Zoll™ on them.

In a perfect (prehospital) world all EMS vents would simply have PRVC, and NIV modes with the rudimentary adjustments, and parameter capabilities.

A graph on every vent would be nice too, but in lieu of everyone really getting into vent management, those two modes should be enough for most any routine ground leg.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Yep, same vent, different marketers. The Zoll rep came and gave us the schpiel. To me it literally looked like they picked up where the last company left off, and just slapped a Zoll[emoji769] on them.

In a perfect (prehospital) world all EMS vents would simply have PRVC, and NIV modes with the rudimentary adjustments, and parameter capabilities.

A graph on every vent would be nice too, but in lieu of everyone really getting into vent management, those two modes should be enough for most any routine ground leg.
I miss the ltv1200 I had at AMR, but it was overcomplicated for most of our medics. I'm trying to convince management that if our pseudo xct truck turns into a true CCT truck with appropriate reimbursement to let me pick a new vent for me... I mean, that truck

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I'm trying to convince management that if our pseudo xct truck turns into a true CCT truck with appropriate reimbursement to let me pick a new vent for me... I mean, that truck
Hoard it in your backpack, to and fro. The one thing I didn't/ don't care for with CareFusion vents is that they have no graphs. Those really help in a noisy environment. I honestly can't wait til we get our mount for the T1 in.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
And 4 year old drowning to start my shift.

Why did I pick this as a career again?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
And 4 year old drowning to start my shift.

Why did I pick this as a career again?

**** man you have worse luck than me. Come down to the island I'll buy you a beer or twelve

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
**** man you have worse luck than me. Come down to the island I'll buy you a beer or twelve

I'd love to. That makes 3 in the last two shifts. 8 month old, 16 year old hanging and then this one today.

Luckily I'm off until Saturday after this shift.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I'd love to. That makes 3 in the last two shifts. 8 month old, 16 year old hanging and then this one today.

Luckily I'm off until Saturday after this shift.

Me and the girl might be headed up your way for a couple day trip. She's warming up to the Wilco idea and wants to see if we can see ATC and Wilco stations and wander around

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Hmm sometimes I think it would be pretty cool to be a Perfusionist. Schooling actually is pretty reasonable.
It does look pretty damn interesting.