SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Damn! A 24 no hitter!

I wish!

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Damn! A 24 no hitter!

I wish!
This last rotation was a no-hitter; yep, no flights. I love me some Family Feud, but I am a bit fed up with Steve Harvey, ATM.

Here's to hoping we fly when I go back on Tuesday. Naturally, the other two shifts have been doing work.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
bb603f1cd41df4adc76f05ddc2748d72.jpg

Yep I'm a nerd.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
This book any good? Thinking about buying a vent management book to add to my humble collection.
I like it. Nice little review since I've been out of day to day CCT for a while.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I like it. Nice little review since I've been out of day to day CCT for a while.
Is that the first or second edition? My 2nd edition grew legs, and walked away at our station. Luckily, I still have the 1st edition (not much changes).

Also, I was a little disappointed that his vent management class I had planned to sign up for in June filled up so fast:(.

@StCEMT, if you listen to his podcasts, it's all fairly relative. The book serves as a good reference point for vent management. Just know some of his techniques are specific to him, and require 1) quite a bit of hands on experience, and confidence, 2) may not be endorsed, or taken in by many hospitals or services, and 3) may require consultation with medical direction before employing them.

Other than all of that, it's a pretty straightforward "down and dirty" starting point for prehospital vent management geared towards CCT folks, and paramedics specifically.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Is that the first or second edition? My 2nd edition grew legs, and walked away at our station. Luckily, I still have the 1st edition (not much changes).

Also, I was a little disappointed that his vent management class I had planned to sign up for in June filled up so fast:(.

@StCEMT, if you listen to his podcasts, it's all fairly relative. The book serves as a good reference point for vent management. Just know some of his techniques are specific to him, and require 1) quite a bit of hands on experience, and confidence, 2) may not be endorsed, or taken in by many hospitals or services, and 3) may require consultation with medical direction before employing them.

Other than all of that, it's a pretty straightforward "down and dirty" starting point for prehospital vent management geared towards CCT folks, and paramedics specifically.
2nd edition. I need to find some more vent books still

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Is it a good starter book or are there better introductory options?
It's a good starter book. It'll do you well

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Googled the book to find out who the author is, I just found his website last week and have been skimming it during down time at work. So far it has been another good source of reading materials. Think I will put this book on my list of things to get this week.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Is it a good starter book or are there better introductory options?
I think it's a pretty good starter book. I'm sure others have options they've found worked better for them as starter books.
2nd edition. I need to find some more vent books still
I have (had?) a decent and straightforward ABG, and basic vent management book written by respiratory folks, but I left them at our ground station. YouTube has, and still does, work(ed) wonders.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Googled the book to find out who the author is, I just found his website last week and have been skimming it during down time at work. So far it has been another good source of reading materials. Think I will put this book on my list of things to get this week.
Listen to his podcasts, him and Weingart go somewhat hand in hand. They're all part of the notorious FOAM-ed movement.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Listen to his podcasts, him and Weingart go somewhat hand in hand. They're all part of the notorious FOAM-ed movement.
Them and medfligjt radio are all great.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
fbc82537e5d643ed5351857d90f1ba73.jpg

My little heeler that was hurt is starting to act like herself.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I had a no hitter once before. Once. On a 12 though, and it was Thanksgiving a couple years back, so that was nice we got to cook, serve, and eat Turkey Day dinner in station with some of the firefighter's families. Though after our shift was over as me and my partner were leaving station the engine got a call in district so if we were a 24 hr unit that day it wouldn't have been a no hitter lol

VentMonkey

Family Guy

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I've come close to a no hitter on a 24. Ran 2 calls during the day, slept all night. I came really close to a no hitter on a 48 running only 4 calls. Ive had a really really long no hitter working 72's. Went a whole month without running a single call working said 72's. But thats not really fair considering I was a wildland firefighter at the time. Although I worked 22 days straight (not by choice) and ran 4 calls.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I had a 96 hour no hitter once. I don't think I've ever hated life more

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Thanks, I'll have to look this one up.

Also, glad to hear the pooch is feeling better. Along the same lines, my 9 year old saw the pic of your pooch and told me I had to "like" it.
Lol this pup tends to bring that out in kids. She is dog aggressive with dogs that aren't her or her two sisters, but she absolutely loves people and is gentle as hell with kiddos