the 100% directionless thread

terrible one

Always wandering
I'm thinking about doing a bracket

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Going through the NREMT skill sheets...boy, it's funny to think how many of those things are all really going on at once. (Also, wow those skill sheets are not entirely realistic - I cannot remember the last time somebody thought it was normal to do a full head-to-toe assessment.)

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
buy in? or just for ***** & giggles? either way sign me up
****s and giggles, not a gambling guy.
anybody interested shoot me a PM

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Not really worth starting a thread I don't think, just curious on opinions. IO+D10 or Glucagon.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Not really worth starting a thread I don't think, just curious on opinions. IO+D10 or Glucagon.
I'm assuming these are the only options available to me for a given patient, IM glucagon and if no response, IO and D10 (25gm, of course).

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
On a "healthy" diabetic, or with odd complications like osteoporosis or something? Glucagon.

On a brittle, liver-damaged, refractory diabetic or someone who is actively seizing or something? IO.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Signed up and paid for my A&P through NCTI, hoping to get into the late May medic program. Bye bye 800 bucks a month.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Thanks for the input y'all. Thanks reason it even came up is I had to break out the Glucagon....Once I could find damn thing (I wasn't informed we got a new kind stored in a new place, so went to the old spot, no Glucagon and well ****). IO was just my backup if I didn't find it.

Was just curious if one was a little gentler overall on people long term.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
I cannot remember the last time somebody thought it was normal to do a full head-to-toe assessment.)

Are you talking medical or trauma assessment? A full head-to-toe trauma assessment seems perfectly reasonable in some situations.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Are you talking medical or trauma assessment? A full head-to-toe trauma assessment seems perfectly reasonable in some situations.

Guessing he means medical. All my trauma patients get naked and get a full go over. You don't want to be the guy that misses a couple of bullet holes because you got tunnel vision. :)

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief

Guessing he means medical. All my trauma patients get naked and get a full go over. You don't want to be the guy that misses a couple of bullet holes because you got tunnel vision. :)

Yeah, medical. That said, it'shard enough to get some people I work with to check equipment, let alone perform comprehensive patient care.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
IMG_6574.JPG
For the frustrated fire medic who never fights fire anymore, I found a shave soap that smells like turnout gear after a fire. :/

Smoke, with a tinge of wet canvas.

cruiseforever

Forum Asst. Chief
Off going crew walks into the quarters and proudly proclaims they did nothing during their shift. I opened the garage door and looked at their rig. It was very dirty. Went back to the quarters and asked them about it. Their reply was we are Millennials.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Off going crew walks into the quarters and proudly proclaims they did nothing during their shift. I opened the garage door and looked at their rig. It was very dirty. Went back to the quarters and asked them about it. Their reply was we are Millennials.
That **** pisses me off, and I technically am a millennial. I would refuse to accept the station or truck from them.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
That **** pisses me off, and I technically am a millennial. I would refuse to accept the station or truck from them.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I can't stand it man. What's even worse is older coworkers who do nothing but ***** about the younger ones but are the laziest ones of the group.

If you're going to ***** about laziness don't be lazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
People who whine about having to do their jobs then whine about other people not doing theirs...lovely