the 100% directionless thread

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Also for all you SoCal folks you ever been to the rustic canyon wine bar and grille?? Because I'm friends with the chef there :). Didn't know he worked out there until a few days ago
Can't say I have, but it sounds to me like you just bought a whole slew of SoCal folks the first round.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Can't say I have, but it sounds to me like you just bought a whole slew of SoCal folks the first round.
Idk where the place even is. But as long as ya don't hit me with the 400$ bottle o wine, I may consider ;). After all I am doing him a favor wayyyy out in the best state Eva new yawk :D

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Idk where the place even is. But as long as ya don't hit me with the 400$ bottle o wine, I may consider ;). After all I am doing him a favor wayyyy out in the best state Eva new yawk :D
I didn't either, so I searched and found one in Santa Monica. If it's this one, it's potential for a good selection of beers on tap has accelerated some. I'm not a wine guy; I'm blue collared folk, my friend.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
I didn't either, so I searched and found one in Santa Monica. If it's this one, it's potential for a good selection of beers on tap has accelerated some. I'm not a wine guy; I'm blue collared folk, my friend.
I'm not either. I just know he's the chef man there. I know it's in so cal, he's the chef, and that means that foods really good lol. Aside from that, ya got me beat.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Well... Did 6 hours of continuing education while at work today. Prepared for my interview tomorrow and applied to Orange County EMS in NC. I would say a productive day. Really hoping my interview goes well.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Yay!! A new thread to have fun on!!

Enjoy it while it last, cuz I doubt it'll be long.
Wow...did it get deleted that fast?? Not just locked but gonzo?

I had opened it up on my phone earlier today..then shift got busy so now when I was reading it again, thinking thru a possible reply, then I clicked on "Page 2", and poof, "You do not have permission to view this page" and I don't even see it in Recent Posts....

Not that I'm terribly surprised after reading that first page but wiw, that's gotta be some kind of record?

(Or am I just being blind? :p )

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Not a whole lot, just a bunch of childish name calling...then people from the forum chimed in, the end.
arguing-internet-police-academy-picture.jpg

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
At least the other thread finally got locked.

So unfortunate because I tried a different tactic right before it was :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
So a little dilemma. I left my previous ICU job when I got my full time flight job, the hope was to stay on PRN but there were no current positions open. So now my previous job called back asking if I wanted a PRN position. I originally said sure until I got my official offer and noticed it was the same pay rate as when I left. When I questioned this I was told they no longer offer a PRN premium, which used to be pretty good. I told them that given my experience, certifications, etc as well as what other hospitals were offering that I wanted a higher pay, and gave them a number. They came back with a pay rate much lower than I wanted, about a dollar more than I was making. I told them I would think about it and let them know tomorrow. To put it into perspective I could easily make $3-5 more and hour elsewhere and many places are offering sign on bonuses for experienced RNs. I enjoyed where I worked and do not want to make it totally about the money however when I could pick up at my current job or another hospital and make substantially more it is tough. Especially since I feel like my specific experience is very desirable. So either I settle and just take the job, decline the offer, or counter and give them a bottom line and see what they say (which it sounds like the offer was the best they could do). I don't want to burn bridges tho.

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
So a little dilemma. I left my previous ICU job when I got my full time flight job, the hope was to stay on PRN but there were no current positions open. So now my previous job called back asking if I wanted a PRN position. I originally said sure until I got my official offer and noticed it was the same pay rate as when I left. When I questioned this I was told they no longer offer a PRN premium, which used to be pretty good. I told them that given my experience, certifications, etc as well as what other hospitals were offering that I wanted a higher pay, and gave them a number. They came back with a pay rate much lower than I wanted, about a dollar more than I was making. I told them I would think about it and let them know tomorrow. To put it into perspective I could easily make $3-5 more and hour elsewhere and many places are offering sign on bonuses for experienced RNs. I enjoyed where I worked and do not want to make it totally about the money however when I could pick up at my current job or another hospital and make substantially more it is tough. Especially since I feel like my specific experience is very desirable. So either I settle and just take the job, decline the offer, or counter and give them a bottom line and see what they say (which it sounds like the offer was the best they could do). I don't want to burn bridges tho.
Could you do PRN for them and somewhere else also?

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
If your really worth that much.... I'd counter them, because if your desirable goods, you can raise their bottom line