the 100% directionless thread

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Anybody have any suggestions for the cheapest way to subscribe to Prehospital Emergency Care?
I see $56 as the cheapest (NREMT registered) price...curious if there's anything less?
I had never even heard of that. Looks like a better option than JEMS.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

VentMonkey

Family Guy
IMG_2170.JPG

And now I get to spend my weekend driving the "boo-boo bus", oh the joy:rolleyes:.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
I had never even heard of that. Looks like a better option than JEMS.

It's a pretty solid journal, actually worthy of the name Journal. It's got peer reviewed academic and clinical research, not just ads ;)

Some of the most cited articles are here.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I was planning on getting back my iafccp membership for their journal, amd now i might have to go ahead and get that one too

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
You sold the diesel? Bummer man...

Yea it blew the HPOP and fried all 8 injectors. After spending the $4200 to fix it I couldn't really afford it anymore :-/ been a rough year financially.

This time next week should be able to start picking up OT to build my savings back up. It's nice when a 24 hour OT shift comes out to ~$500 take home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Can you see exactly where it's leaking from?

No, BMW in all their geniousness decided to cover everything in plastic so I'm going to have to pull some stuff off to get s better view.

It's in the front of the engine somewhere, I know that much.

gotbeerz001

Forum Deputy Chief
No, BMW in all their geniousness decided to cover everything in plastic so I'm going to have to pull some stuff off to get s better view.

It's in the front of the engine somewhere, I know that much.

If you know a decent mechanic, maybe but some fluorescent diagnostic dye to put in the oil and and drive for a couple days then have them shine their light on the leaky area.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
We're doing live Hurricane storm coverage coverage on all of my radio stations in Savannah and Hilton Head. I'm reppin' the EMTlife t shirt.

You're thinner than I had pictured you.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
You would think that after all these posts about DID I PASS THE NREMT!>!>!!>>???!, I would know better than to take mine at 1530 mountain time on a weekend...
You got this... but youre as dumb as i am lol. Maybe not quite so much, cause i did tjat same thing twice

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
It's a pretty solid journal, actually worthy of the name Journal. It's got peer reviewed academic and clinical research, not just ads ;)

Some of the most cited articles are here.

I agree, PEC is a good journal. Definitely in my top 10 of the many that I try to stay apprised of.

Can you really get a full subscription for only $56?? That is a steal.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
I agree, PEC is a good journal. Definitely in my top 10 of the many that I try to stay apprised of.

Can you really get a full subscription for only $56?? That is a steal.
Yeah, $56 if you're an NAEMSP, NAEMT, NAEMSMA, NASEMSO, or NAEMSE member, and the same if you are NREMT registered. This is only per: http://naemsp.org/Pages/pecjournal.aspx
And I haven't tried it yet...so I can't 100% verify.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Looks to be valid. I will try it soon

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Just caught wind a good friend of mine is finally getting his just due. He's being assigned to an engine as a FFPM (his dream job).

This makes me happy to hear for him. He was once a trainee of mine as a new, and green paramedic, and we quickly became good friends.

Truly, it feels good to see and know the time you invest in some of these moldable, and impressionable folks works out for the best.