the 100% directionless thread

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
a0619985cd0c7cae0071144cc51a6df7.jpg

While y'all are working, I'm having a date with a beautiful girl tonight after shift. :)

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I just want to start my internship. No more lectures, just mountains of crap assignments to finish and a lot of hospital rotations that just sound long. Just let me run some calls!

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Is the river walk recommended? Haven't been down to San Antonio yet but have been meaning too. Want to check if the Alamo too. Any other touristy crap?

I need to get back down there. I was in San Antonio for a quick 48 hours (job interview/offer) back in 2009 (?) and went to Riverwalk and the mall there, but didn't really have to time to explore. People were friendly, looks like a nice place to spend a long weekend, but the traffic sssuuuucccckkkkeeddd.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Already had our first death at coachella fest this year. Week one day one. Only 8 more days.

For some reason we got dispatched to that lol. From camp tent.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I just want to start my internship. No more lectures, just mountains of crap assignments to finish and a lot of hospital rotations that just sound long. Just let me run some calls!
I can't relate on the field part since we do it all at once, but the lectures....just shoot me....

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I can't relate on the field part since we do it all at once, but the lectures....just shoot me....
We are fortunate (I think) to do our 300 hours of clinical rotations throughout the didactic portion. There's a couple of third rides thrown in (four I think?), but the vast majority is facility based.

Provided you complete all your rotations by the end of the didactic portion, you start your 500 hour internship as soon as it's done.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
We are fortunate (I think) to do our 300 hours of clinical rotations throughout the didactic portion. There's a couple of third rides thrown in (four I think?), but the vast majority is facility based.

Provided you complete all your rotations by the end of the didactic portion, you start your 500 hour internship as soon as it's done.
We are similar, but we do more rides before we end hospital time. However the focus is still hospital so we get basic things like meds and IV's practiced before going to the field, its not a 50/50 split or anything. How long do yall have left?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
How long do yall have left?
Not long. Three days of program finals in the first week of May, one week break, and then NR practical final. I am not sure how long the internship will take, depends on how flexible work will be.

EMT2015

Forum Captain
WOW, How I've missed EMTLIFE. I think it's been over a week since I've been on here last. :eek:

WOW, How I've missed EMTLIFE. I think it's been over a week since I've been on here last. :eek:
How's the new job treating you?

EMT2015

Forum Captain
How's the new job treating you?
It's treating me alright. I'm loving it, family not so much. I like being able to pick my own schedule. The only part I don't really like is they don't post the next 2 weeks till like Friday night, so I've I want to work a Saturday I have to really pay attention. We are required to work one weekend a month, so I'm trying to decided if I want to work this weekend or next weekend.

It's treating me alright. I'm loving it, family not so much. I like being able to pick my own schedule. The only part I don't really like is they don't post the next 2 weeks till like Friday night, so I've I want to work a Saturday I have to really pay attention. We are required to work one weekend a month, so I'm trying to decided if I want to work this weekend or next weekend.
Are you working full or part time?

Only part time for now. Once I graduate this year, I plan to go full time.
Nice! I can see how part time scheduling can be a pain in the butt!

EMT2015

Forum Captain
Nice! I can see how part time scheduling can be a pain in the butt!
Yeah, especially because I have to wait for the scheduler to approve my schedule. Like last week I was trying to cover a shift for someone and I didn't find out till like noon the day I was covering and I was at my other job on top of that.