the 100% directionless thread

I have multiple appendages.

No seriously, it's like glued to me or something. Help?!

Linuss' copy was literally right off the presses, so I guess the glue hadn't dried.

My bad!

Ah, finally the stars have aligned (living in California, in a house where other housemates have firearms, and living close enough to a range that will give me a chance to shoot) to take my baby home. Prado, here I come!

Attachments

• PICT0048.jpg
    PICT0048.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 233
Ah, finally the stars have aligned (living in California, in a house where other housemates have firearms, and living close enough to a range that will give me a chance to shoot) to take my baby home. Prado, here I come!

OK, JP. What is it? I know rifles and handguns, but not shotguns. Yet.....^_^

12 gauge pump action. Winchester Model 1300 Ranger.

24 hours till the weekend

First time shooting skeet (I shot trap before) and first time shooting in 8-9 years and I really need to practice. Thank God the local range is only 30 minutes away and shooting is the best 15/round (ammo and range/target fee) you can spend.

First time shooting skeet (I shot trap before) and first time shooting in 8-9 years and I really need to practice. Thank God the local range is only 30 minutes away and shooting is the best 15/round (ammo and range/target fee) you can spend.

Ugh....

And only 121 hours 31 minutes until I leave for a week vacation.^_^

Where ya going?

312 hours and 27 minutes until I am at my destination for my vacation. :-)

Ladies, Gents, Friends, Coworkers, and fellow Lifesavers,

I just received some of the worst news of my life. And... I have a really really hard time talking about things, especially feeling and emotions. I cope best by writing things down. So here goes. My sister and best friend since I was born just called me and said she fell at work yesterday and had a seizure and was transported to the ER, I noticed her speech was slurring and she was talking differently than what I am used to. I asked her what happened and she said they found a large tumor on the left side of her brain and are going to do emergency surgery and they are unsure of the outcome but it doesn't look promising. She was just recently employed with this company a month ago. But more importantly she has texted and called me on a few occasions when she just felt 'weird'. She would ask what was happening to her and I told her I didn't know- that she needed to go to the doctor. I am in Texas, she is in South Carolina.. and I have never felt so helpless before. Here I am sitting saving lives every day and I can't do anything for my own family member. My best friend. My whole world has stopped. I can't even feel myself breathing. I don't know what to do. All I do is cry. But y'all know and understand. Does anyone know what could happen? I am not even thinking. I am just spilling words out onto this screen. I don't know much about brain surgery, but I do know there are a lot of variables depending on where the tumor is.

I have vacation planned to be there in less than 2 weeks, but I am afraid that it will be too late. I don't know what to do. I am lost. Be safe out there.

I just received some of the worst news of my life. And... I have a really really hard time talking about things, especially feeling and emotions. I cope best by writing things down. So here goes. My sister and best friend since I was born just called me and said she fell at work yesterday and had a seizure and was transported to the ER, I noticed her speech was slurring and she was talking differently than what I am used to. I asked her what happened and she said they found a large tumor on the left side of her brain and are going to do emergency surgery and they are unsure of the outcome but it doesn't look promising. She was just recently employed with this company a month ago. But more importantly she has texted and called me on a few occasions when she just felt 'weird'. She would ask what was happening to her and I told her I didn't know- that she needed to go to the doctor. I am in Texas, she is in South Carolina.. and I have never felt so helpless before. Here I am sitting saving lives every day and I can't do anything for my own family member. My best friend. My whole world has stopped. I can't even feel myself breathing. I don't know what to do. All I do is cry. But y'all know and understand. Does anyone know what could happen? I am not even thinking. I am just spilling words out onto this screen. I don't know much about brain surgery, but I do know there are a lot of variables depending on where the tumor is.

I have vacation planned to be there in less than 2 weeks, but I am afraid that it will be too late. I don't know what to do. I am lost. Be safe out there.

Sorry my friend.

just decided that med school is a real option...I might have just started on a path that will make me or break me....

Sorry to hear about this. Sending thoughts and prayers your way.

Can you talk to your employer about starting your vacation immediately so you can get over there?

Hoping for the best. You may need to think about emergency family leave. The most important thing is to keep yourself safe and get to your sister as soon as you can.

Stephanie, I'm so sorry. I hope your employer can move your leave up a few weeks for you and that your sister comes through this experience well.

Steph that is terrible. Thoughts and prayers are with you and all those involved especially you and the patient.

Hang in there!

Back