the 100% directionless thread

I just rented something from Blockbuster. The salesperson there tried selling me on their online deal for $15 a month. I told him I rent probably once every few months and that I couldn't justify paying for something I hardly used.

He continued to try to sell me saying "Well if you got this you might use it more".

No. No I won't.

Especially since you're company is going belly up.

You just like telling people where to go don't you?:P

Already am a dispather at my current job... But im moving. soooo yeah

Came back to the rig after offloading today, another crew and used a backboard and tape to hold the two doors in the cab together so we couldn't get 'em open. When I find out who it was...

Thats funny. Another use for duck tape. We utilize a unit lock policy to prevent that and a host of other pranks such as the heater being on and Tejano music blaring, oh and also to keep drugs safe.

Chimpie's helpful hint of the day: To make Egos, you have to push the little lever on the toaster down. *sigh*

MMMmm Eggos with peanut butter and syrup sound so good right now. Darn me for not having any.

Whelp, I applied to MedStar for a Paramedic position a couple of months ago and was basically told no after the "Strongly agree / disagree" test.

They have a spot open for dispatch and was debating if I should apply. Being a Medic would put me a bit above the EMTs applying (If I can to the darn interview), it pays a bit more, it's closer than my current job by 30min, AND it can probably get my foot in the door at the agency to move on to a field medic.

I'm just not sure if I want to leave a field job, even if it is IFT, and get rusty.

Yep, August is here so I'll be starting school in 13 days. I guess I need to edit my profile.

Whelp, I applied to MedStar for a Paramedic position a couple of months ago and was basically told no after the "Strongly agree / disagree" test.

They have a spot open for dispatch and was debating if I should apply. Being a Medic would put me a bit above the EMTs applying (If I can to the darn interview), it pays a bit more, it's closer than my current job by 30min, AND it can probably get my foot in the door at the agency to move on to a field medic.

I'm just not sure if I want to leave a field job, even if it is IFT, and get rusty.

Can't you drop down to per diem at AMR to keep up on your skills while you work dispatch? Also, if you find communications to be more of your liking, I would recommend applying to a county dispatch center at some point for the benefits and pension.

Needs to vent. Any takers?

Back