the 100% directionless thread

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Snow makes me feet cold. :(

Ha ha! Me too! But I can't go skiing when it is 103 degrees out.

I'll take about 4 months of snow, followed directly by summer, which should be in full swing for, and last for 8 months. Following that, it should go right back into winter with no wait time for snowpack buildup on the slopes.

Ie: December 1st: Start of winter. Winter will last until preciscely 2359 on March 31st. April 1st: Summer starts at 0000. All snow disappears like that and summer tepms replace snow and ice. Summer lasts until 2359 on November 30th. On December 1st, at 0000, snow on the slope is immidately 112 inches deep with about a foot of powder on top. Then the whole cycle repeats itself.^_^

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
There's this thing called water skiing. You can do it when it's any temp. outside. :p

There is also this thing called a boat that you have to have (or be able to afford to rent or whatever) to do that.

I bought some used ski gear, and I go on cheap ski days/nights (mostly). C'mon, I am an EMT, a volunteer, AND a college stoodint. I would be broke if I didn't live at home. Now if you want to take me water skiing, I'll go for that. As long as you have access to a boat!

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
There is also this thing called a boat that you have to have (or be able to afford to rent or whatever) to do that.

I bought some used ski gear, and I go on cheap ski days/nights (mostly). C'mon, I am an EMT, a volunteer, AND a college stoodint. I would be broke if I didn't live at home. Now if you want to take me water skiing, I'll go for that. As long as you have access to a boat!

Or I HAVE one, aww the life of a dispatcher, volunteer, and student. B)

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
So, when can I come?

STALKER ALERT!!!

JK. Camping this weekend. Got the camper ready, boat fueled up and headed to the lake for some tubing, wake-boarding, skiing, and overall relaxation.

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
Little Background information, I just got hired with an ambulance company in what we shall call County A, and also a FD in County B.

Well we had a mutual Aid Call in County B and i was working for County A. So I take the ambulance over for Fire Rehab for our firefighters in the county i am working for. my shift ended at 0230 am that day, and at 0215 the ambulance got cleared by command, so I asked my Chief (With County B ) if he wanted me to come back and help with over haul. He told me yes. So i return to Quarters, and drive back to the Fire POV and start working doing over haul. I get called into my boss office about a week later, and get terminated because they didnt know I was with that agency.

Well this what I was told was the reason why I was terminated. Well today, I found out that a Nurse that worked at our trauma center that i was running around with a year ago and we had a major falling out, just happened to be my Bosses Daughter.

So here is my advice to everyone GOOD TIMES in the past can turn into Bad things in the present haha

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Psh if anyone gets to go on stephanies boat, it's me. I live closer than all of you.

Plus I have my own wakeboard.

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
Plus I have my own wakeboard.

I need a like button for this.

Bunch of us are going down to Whitney.
I am an avid hydroslider(AKA Kneeboarder) myself.

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
four high speed twirling rides,
atleast 15 visits to each one,
five hours later,
Had to drag my friend out of there because I could not handle any more up, down and spin around at blurry speeds any more. :wacko::wacko:

excuse me as I go try and find my equillibrium. I think I left it at the fair somewhere.............:rolleyes:

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Just found out an old friend passed away very recently.

We met in 6th grade.... lost touch briefly as he left school for a heart transplant. Became good friends in 7th grade. He just died suddenly at age 20. We always knew he wasn't supposed to live past 30 but it's still a shock.

It really makes you think, you know? I may not have been born with a range of congenital heart defects but really I could be gone just as easily tomorrow....

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
I could be gone just as easily tomorrow....

One day, that will be the absolute truth!

It's a very weird world we got born in to. I still get confounded by the fact we got born at all.

medic417

The Truth Provider
"Life is like toilet paper... the closer you are to the end, the faster it goes"-- Rodney Dangerfield.

I'm turning 22 on Monday.... gah.

Are you finally getting out of diapers?

medic417

The Truth Provider

medic417

The Truth Provider