the 100% directionless thread

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
says the person that lives in the north and does not get super hot temps.

Hey i live in the north, and yes it does get hot thank you

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
In my defense, we've had heat indices over 100 and I don't have a/c. I think I've earned the right to hate summer this year. LOL

jeez, that tough. hope it cools down for ya soon.

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
Hey i live in the north, and yes it does get hot thank you
I understand, I spent a summer in the north.
But it is not as humid up there as down here. That can make a difference.

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
I understand, I spent a summer in the north.
But it is not as humid up there as down here. That can make a difference.

where are you at? we had 101 today

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
15%, i know. really high haha

um, yeah.
It may have been hot, but when the humidity is low it is not felt as much as higher humidity areas.

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
I really don't miss Florida. 100 degrees, and 100 percent humidity. But lately Indy hasn't been much better. 90 degrees, and it is humid as heck.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I really don't miss Florida. 100 degrees, and 100 percent humidity. But lately Indy hasn't been much better. 90 degrees, and it is humid as heck.

Never gets above the mid 90's here in Sarasota. And yeah there's humidity. But Indiana is by far worse.

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
Never gets above the mid 90's here in Sarasota. And yeah there's humidity. But Indiana is by far worse.

I used to live right on the coast in Palm Bay, and those were the numbers recorded the last time I went back to visit. Why I was insane enough to go in summer, I will never know. But yes, Indiana has been miserable lately.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Okay, bought my first pharmacology book since I've been learning about pharmacology lately (using my PDR and looking up drugs that I hear, see, read, or whatever) and reading it in parallel with the IV therapy book I bought not too long ago. I really really really like how it goes into pharmacodynamics, which is something I've been interested in learning since my PDR doesn't go into that. The discussion on naloxone in ALS discussion gave me the urge to go out and buy it, and also the fact that I got my paycheck so I have extra money to spend. :)

Edit: Whopping 73F here. :p This summer wasn't hot at all for us, and when we complain about how hot it is, it usually isn't that hot really. Here it's usually below room temperature (I'd say average is around 66-72F around here). Very very very nice. Get sun, and don't get all sweaty and get burns. <3 Just wanted to make some of you jealous.

Last edited by a moderator:

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
says the person that lives in the north and does not get super hot temps.

WOAH!!! HOLD ON A MINUTE!!!! 109* on Wednesday here.

And everything will be nice and dried out and ready to burn any day here.:eek:

about 92 degrees with 80% humidity.
What was your humidity level?

Your temp (92) and RH (80): Heat index of 117
My temp (109) and RH (23): 121

I win :ph34r:

Plus, like I said above.....it will all burn like heck if you add a slight breeze. We have been red flagged several times already.

Oh yea, check with me in January and we will compare wind chills. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

mct601

RN/NRP
You wussies quit complaining about temps. Nowhere in the U.S. is as hot as the gulf coast. Numbers do not do our heat justice- everyone who comes down here *****es about it. But its life.

Aaaaaalmost done with orientation, soon to be running 911 :D

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Psh, while you were partying I was out saving lives at an MVC wading through 2 ft of snow.

Slacker.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Snow makes me feet cold. :(