the 100% directionless thread

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
Like I have said before, and will stick by it. The springfield XD9 is an awesome handgun.

16+1 rounds. Easy to conceal. Wont fail on you. All you can ask for. Feels great in my hands as well.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
NREMT updated my status so I have my cert number. They are using Ms now?

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I prefer M&Ps over glocks, personally. I'll second Springfield, too.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Dude I always check but she like never takes a day off haha
She had all last week off haha. She has this Saturday off also but it's already filled by upside down traffic vest girl.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
upside down traffic vest girl.

I must be missing something. I haven't worked out of main in awhile, been keeping it out east... closer to home.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
NREMT updated my status so I have my cert number. They are using Ms now?
Yup. M denotes the new standard where p is the old standard. Congrats!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
So I've been thinking about adding to my arsenal. I turned 21 in June and have wanted a handgun for quite some time. Not really for CCW (for now), just something fun to take out and shoot and maybe CCW down along the line. Ive been thinking Glock (good brand and good price) any suggestions?
I love my Sig 2022. Cheap for a sig, adjustable grip sizes, and easy firing. 12+1 in .40 and .357SIG

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
So found out yesterday I have a molar tooth that is falling apart(poor crown job 7 years ago so it formed a cavity under the crown) and needs to come out. But the wisdom tooth behind it is impacted against it so it has to be an oral surgery thing and both teeth pulled.

Am I crazy for thinking I can have this procedure done and go back to work the next day?

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
So found out yesterday I have a molar tooth that is falling apart(poor crown job 7 years ago so it formed a cavity under the crown) and needs to come out. But the wisdom tooth behind it is impacted against it so it has to be an oral surgery thing and both teeth pulled.

Am I crazy for thinking I can have this procedure done and go back to work the next day?

Yeah considering you will be eating narcotics like candy for the next couple days after.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member

You won't necessarily have a ton of pain, depending on how bad it is and how good the surgeon is, and of course your personal threshold. I had all 4 of mine out at once and only took acetaminophen. Some people do hurt a lot though.

But whether you hurt a lot of not, you definitely won't want to be at work for a few days.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
That's what I was afraid of. I'll prob push it back to September so I'll have more time off to use just incase.

I did go back to work the day after having 2 of the screws taken out of the IM nail in my left tib. It kinda sucked and looking back I should've taken a day off before going back. It's not worth potentially being miserable all day.

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm a free roaming, single medic power unit all day and I cannot buy myself a call. I feel like I'll pay for this lull on my night shifts.
What is a free roaming power unit? Sounds fun

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
What is a free roaming power unit? Sounds fun
An additional unit added at times of anticipated peak call volume. I'm free roaming in that I don't have an assigned district and can float around to various areas that get busy. That being said, I've still done nothing to earn my pay today. The truck is looking really clean and fueled up though!

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
An additional unit added at times of anticipated peak call volume. I'm free roaming in that I don't have an assigned district and can float around to various areas that get busy. That being said, I've still done nothing to earn my pay today. The truck is looking really clean and fueled up though!

Is that the same thing as a power car?

EMT2015

Forum Captain
Is anyone going to the EMS World Expo in Vegas next month?
I wish I could. Don't have the monies for it this year....maybe next year. Are you going?