the 100% directionless thread

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Havent dropped in the name in public. Not going too until I am actually working there haha.
How could anyone leave ATC?!

But yes, what part of TX?

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I see how it is...

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
So I've been thinking about adding to my arsenal. I turned 21 in June and have wanted a handgun for quite some time. Not really for CCW (for now), just something fun to take out and shoot and maybe CCW down along the line. Ive been thinking Glock (good brand and good price) any suggestions?

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Springfield XD-M

My brother has a Springfield TRP 1911 that's fun as hell to shoot. It's kinda big for carrying though.

CALEMT

I would love a 1911, but unfortunately I can justify the price for one right now

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
Springfield XDs are good. Don't bother with the XD-M it's not worth the extra cost. The tactical version with the five inch versus four inch spring will have less recoil

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
So I've been thinking about adding to my arsenal. I turned 21 in June and have wanted a handgun for quite some time. Not really for CCW (for now), just something fun to take out and shoot and maybe CCW down along the line. Ive been thinking Glock (good brand and good price) any suggestions?
I love Glocks. Springfields feel clunky to me.

CALEMT

Im leaning a little more towards Glock for the price range. Been looking at the G23 or a G19.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Im leaning a little more towards Glock for the price range. Been looking at the G23 or a G19.
Go to a store with a range. Put a couple of different brands/models in your hands and see which ones feel the best. Then rent those and put some rounds down range to be sure. I've done a decent amount of research on handguns. My next step is getting my hands on some.

CALEMT

Go to a store with a range. Put a couple of different brands/models in your hands and see which ones feel the best. Then rent those and put some rounds down range to be sure. I've done a decent amount of research on handguns. My next step is getting my hands on some.

Yeah I've done the same, not with Glocks though. Im making plans to go to the local gun shop this weekend. Probably not going to get anything for awhile, I need to pick up some shifts and work it off haha

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Yeah I've done the same, not with Glocks though. Im making plans to go to the local gun shop this weekend. Probably not going to get anything for awhile, I need to pick up some shifts and work it off haha
2nd amendment sports? That seems to be the popular one in thr desert among EMS/Fire/PD.

Gonna have to wait until the temps cool down and the events pick up to get those shifts haha

CALEMT

2nd amendment sports? That seems to be the popular one in thr desert among EMS/Fire/PD.

Gonna have to wait until the temps cool down and the events pick up to get those shifts haha

Yeah, I live a couple miles from there. Thats where I bought my shotgun.

Dude I can't wait haha. Ive been averaging about 1 shift a week, but then again I've been in school so theres that.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Yeah, I live a couple miles from there. Thats where I bought my shotgun.

Dude I can't wait haha. Ive been averaging about 1 shift a week, but then again I've been in school so theres that.
You are more than welcome to pick up any shifts my partner takes off haha