the 100% directionless thread

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
Nothing like ice cold sweet tea on a hot day.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Hmm.. they've been calling me to interview for a medic spot down there, maybe I should finally call them back so I can bug you :p

That would be interesting. Do it! Medic on a 911 rig...

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
So... I failed the PAT today... was told the most likely reason (HR jumped too high for the standards) is cause I've essentially been traveling on and off the last three days and am severely exhausted and dehydrated. Gonna rest and down water today and have a retest tomorrow at 1030 before I head out of town.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Or maybe you're out of shape :( Lazy bum, get to work and get in shape!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Or maybe you're out of shape :( Lazy bum, get to work and get in shape!

I've been working on it :( But I guess I'm not working fast enough...

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
So... I failed the PAT today... was told the most likely reason (HR jumped too high for the standards) is cause I've essentially been traveling on and off the last three days and am severely exhausted and dehydrated. Gonna rest and down water today and have a retest tomorrow at 1030 before I head out of town.

So does that like completely d-q you? Or do you get another shot?

8jimi8

CFRN

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
half tea half lemonade!

My dads favorite drink. Not too sure I like it or not. Some days I do and most days not.:wacko:

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Nothing like ice cold sweet tea on a hot day.
I was dumb and ran 4 miles today instead of drinking nice ice cold sweet tea. Don't even have any for afterward so I ended up drinking warm water. :(

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
I was dumb and ran 4 miles today instead of drinking nice ice cold sweet tea. Don't even have any for afterward so I ended up drinking warm water. :(

Throw a little ginger in the water and it will taste really good and not give side cramps after being hot. Of course, something tasting good is all in your perspective. B)

Last edited by a moderator:

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief

The best water I have ever had was about 80 degrees. I swear. I had just hiked almost 60 miles in 23.5 hours and let me tell you, that water tasted soooooooo good.

Speaking of dumb though, I'm running my first triathlon on Saturday. 1000 meter swim, 40 k bike, 8 k run. I've been running 6 miles a day, in almost 80 degree wtx. At first I was miserable, but now I'm used to it. I'd rather run at 80 than at 30.

-----------------------
Just so y'all know:

One ton truck with amb box on back + four miles of a four wheeler trail + after dark + a fully c spined pt = one heck of a fun call.

Nuff said.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
...Is now a dispatcher....

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief

medic417

The Truth Provider

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Hey, as long as they don't tell me how to do patient care, I'm fine.

I already had to put one dispatcher in her place.

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
Freaking dispatchers... :-/

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Dispatcher suck! Especially those named Ste.... JK!!

I'm excited, it's a pay raise, and it looks fun. And more reliable hours for medic school.

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
Dispatching pays more than EMT... I don't understand why, because I'm not out their risking my life to save others...

I like doing it. I don't like doing it more than being on a truck.