the 100% directionless thread

DaniGrrl

Forum Lieutenant
No, they aren't aggressive, luckily. My dog is a yellow lab and generally pretty dopey, but he actually seemed pretty aware of the danger and was barking in a strange way to alert me. I just called the dogs back in and left the snake alone. My husband is going to clear out the brush pile this weekend, hopefully that will discourage any other snake visits.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Morning everyone

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Morning everyone

Morning. Where are you this morning?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, one of our ambulances went into the shop yesterday for schedualed maintinance, It will be there for at least two more days. And then last night, another one decided to die on us. No idea what is wrong with it yet, but it just grinds like heck when you try to start it. So, here we are in one of the busiest weeks of July in this area, and we are down to 50% of our total operating capacity. This should be fun!

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
In Austin, about ready to walk into Acadian Ambulance for my interview

medic417

The Truth Provider
Well did they hire you or not?

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I swear, I have no clue what goes through peoples minds when they see an ambulance going L&S behind them. Pull over, AWAY from the ambulance. Not that hard of a concept to grasp.

One semi last night felt he was more important and went 30 in a 60 and refused to let us pass, even with plenty of room for him to pull off on.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I swear, I have no clue what goes through peoples minds when they see an ambulance going L&S behind them. Pull over, AWAY from the ambulance. Not that hard of a concept to grasp.

One semi last night felt he was more important and went 30 in a 60 and refused to let us pass, even with plenty of room for him to pull off on.

Well, we just got back from a call that we had to take an unrestricted access US highway to. We sat at an intersection, about a quarter of the way into the first lane, with the lights and siren on, and the officer laying on the airhorn, while at least 15 vehicles passed through the intersecton. And the southbound traffic had to go AROUND us to keep going. The driver just kept inching into the intersection, and people kept right on going into the other lane to go around us. I mean, how hard is it to see a 21 foot long, 30,000 pound fire engine with all kinds of flashing lights sitting halfway into your lane? It was the darndest thing. And as people would pass in front of us, they would stare at us like they never saw a fire engine before. One gal had her mouth hanging open. One guy with his windows down was plugging his ears because of the siren.

And yesterday we were running code 3 in the ambulance on the same two lane, undevided US highway when two people going the oppisite way pulled to their right. They were completelly stopped sitting one right behind the other, on the shoulder of the road. Good, right? We were still about 150-200 yards from passing them when the guy in back decided to go back into the travel lane and pass the guy in front. Well, the guy in front was not about to let that happen, so he pulled out too. Only problem was the rear vehicle was already in the travel lane and abreast of the fromt vehicle. So as the front vehicle pulls out, he forces the rear vehicle to the left, right into my lane. I'm closing at close to 60 mph at this point and have less than probably 50 yards to go. I pretty much slam the brakes and move into the emergency lane on my side. We passed three abreast. My outside right dully was pretty much in the gravel.

I know what you mean Linuss.:wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Looks like Im moving to SE TX :D

8jimi8

CFRN

medic417

The Truth Provider
Well congrats. Guess they didn't get my message about you in time.:p

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
BAHAHAHAHAHA

I has Slingbox! I can now watch my TV/ DVR on my phone ANYWHERE!

Early B-day gift.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Yep :) wokring an ILS truck (911 primary) near Beaumount and ORange. I'll be rotating through all their area down there for a while learning a little about everyplace. Should be a fun time. Thanks everyone! Now I think sleep is in order. Gotta do their physical asessment test early AM

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Yep :) wokring an ILS truck (911 primary) near Beaumount and ORange. I'll be rotating through all their area down there for a while learning a little about everyplace. Should be a fun time. Thanks everyone! Now I think sleep is in order. Gotta do their physical asessment test early AM

Hmm.. they've been calling me to interview for a medic spot down there, maybe I should finally call them back so I can bug you :p