the 100% directionless thread

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Wait, wait!!!! let me run and grab a bowl of popcorn and some soda. B)
This whole discusion is getting interesting. :p

Me too!

And woot! I've found another person who calls it soda, not pop! :p

8jimi8

CFRN
Lucid and Sasha:

one thing you may not know about men (although i suspect that you may have already intuited this).

1) if a girl is nice to me, it means she wants me.

2) if a girl wants my attention, i will eventually get some.

3) There is no way that any male of any level of intelligence can turn these two genetically implanted messages inside our brains off.

8jimi8

CFRN
Only losers call it pop.

It even says soda on most of the bottles!

soda for the win.

soda also = "coke" in texas.

"hey stop at the store i wanna get a coke"

shows up with any other flavor/brand than coke.

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
soda for the win.

soda also = "coke" in texas.

"hey stop at the store i wanna get a coke"

shows up with any other flavor/brand than coke.

We should do a poll and find out who says coke versus soda. B)

Yeah, ya know that you are in Texas, when everyone looks at you weird becuase you asked for a soda instead of coke. been there done that. :blush:

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Advice anyone?!

I was supposed to start my new dispatch job today. I can't because my drug test results aren't back yet. This is a big deal because it's essentially an academy (next 6 months are scheduled and planned out day-by-day) with 6 other people and every day it's delayed is another day I'm behind. No one else has had this problem. I'm worried that I'll lose the job because I'll get too far behind.

I think it's because I take Adderall for ADHD. Yes I have a prescription - I've been taking it for over 5 years with the same doctor. I know that I test positive for amphetamines as a result, but in the past with pre-employment drug tests I just received a call from a MRO who confirmed my prescription information and everything was dandy. Of course I always give the occup. health person a heads-up on my situation and warn them that I will test positive to a prescription medication, but the testing is always delegated to a third party that doesn't get this information. I gave the sample on 7/6 and they expected results in 1-2 days. That obviously didn't happen.

I've been in contact with human resources and my new supervisors, who are almost as concerned about getting me started as I am. I've left a message for the MRO today.

I feel so helpless and frustrated.... is there anything else I can do? I'm asking you guys because you're the largest group of responsible adults with work experience that I talk to.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
What its the thought process in denying a paramedic a 12 lead capable ekg and putting it on an emt truck?

I asked for it and he was like "others can deal with it, why can't you? "

How about you get your darn medic patch and run an MI call and tell me to deal with it?

You're supply, you are in no position to tell me what I do and do not need on my truck. leave th e patient care to people who actually know what they're taking about.

8jimi8

CFRN
Got promoted at work today. Now I can officially apply for the job I want.

8jimi8

CFRN
Advice anyone?!

I was supposed to start my new dispatch job today. I can't because my drug test results aren't back yet. This is a big deal because it's essentially an academy (next 6 months are scheduled and planned out day-by-day) with 6 other people and every day it's delayed is another day I'm behind. No one else has had this problem. I'm worried that I'll lose the job because I'll get too far behind.

I think it's because I take Adderall for ADHD. Yes I have a prescription - I've been taking it for over 5 years with the same doctor. I know that I test positive for amphetamines as a result, but in the past with pre-employment drug tests I just received a call from a MRO who confirmed my prescription information and everything was dandy. Of course I always give the occup. health person a heads-up on my situation and warn them that I will test positive to a prescription medication, but the testing is always delegated to a third party that doesn't get this information. I gave the sample on 7/6 and they expected results in 1-2 days. That obviously didn't happen.

I've been in contact with human resources and my new supervisors, who are almost as concerned about getting me started as I am. I've left a message for the MRO today.

I feel so helpless and frustrated.... is there anything else I can do? I'm asking you guys because you're the largest group of responsible adults with work experience that I talk to.

Ask if you can attend without pay, audit the training so to say, or volunteer until your Uds is squared away

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
We should do a poll and find out who says coke versus soda. B)

Yeah, ya know that you are in Texas, when everyone looks at you weird becuase you asked for a soda instead of coke. been there done that. :blush:

Yea, I have a feeling you and I have probably been looked at funny be the same people. :p

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
Only losers call it pop.

It even says soda on most of the bottles!

When you open up a can of POP, it doesn't go "soda", it goes "pop". Nuff said.

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief

Sasha

Forum Chief
My cans go "Psssssssh" when they're opened.

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
Yea, I have a feeling you and I have probably been looked at funny be the same people. :p

More than likely. Prolly got into a lively discussion over calling carbonated beverages soda or pop with the same persons too. :p Or atleast the same group of persons. :ph34r:

My cans go "Psssssssh" when they're opened.

I agree with you, My cans make the same sound.

DaniGrrl

Forum Lieutenant
One of my dogs found a copperhead in my backyard first thing this morning. That woke me up better than my coffee.

8jimi8

CFRN
are they aggressive? did you dog stay away from it? how did you get rid of it?