the 100% directionless thread

Anjel

Forum Angel
I woke up the other night to my partner lifting my chin up to stop my snoring. Lol

Fire51

Forum Lieutenant
Well I just found the paramedic program I will hopefully be taking, I start the application/testing process this summer and then the program starts in January of next year!

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
And it was a slow night, one call at 6am, CANCELLED by a closer medic unit. BOOM! Perfect night of sleep.

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
Jalapeño stuffed, kalamata, pimento, or...?
Important to specify.
california olives with herbs and sweet peppers.

I hate a whole pack of hot dogs between last night and this morning.
So, you ate them all at once while sleeping (my wife does that with cheese)? What time is "between last night and this morning"? hahaha I imagine you going to bed with a pack of HDs in the fridge and waking up with the empty package under your pillow.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
So, you ate them all at once while sleeping (my wife does that with cheese)? What time is "between last night and this morning"? hahaha I imagine you going to bed with a pack of HDs in the fridge and waking up with the empty package under your pillow.

I had a roommate like that in the past, but with Oatmeal Creme Pies. Multiple packages utterly decimated with wrappers littering his floor in the morning and no memory of the incident except a terrible stomachache.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
california olives with herbs and sweet peppers.

No, had a couple for dinner, couple more as before bed snack, 2 for breakfast, and 2 more for lunch haha.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So my 24 hour shift morphed into a 30 hour shift when my relief got into a traffic collision on her way into work and needed to go to the ER :-/ I did briefly consider staying the entire shift and turn it into a 48...but after 15 calls the previous day (including 3 after midnight), on top of having only one day off in the last 7 days and having used my last clean uniform I was (am) exhausted, and since my partner isn't allowed to drive due to lack of EVOC, I if I tried to stay I would have quickly reached the point where I would've been simply unsafe to operate the ambulance to and from calls. Very fortunately, the guy working tomorrow was able to come in early to relieve me before we had to take what's typically our busiest ambulance out of service. Since it was the headquarters station I managed to get some brownie points from the fire captains and battalion chief (station houses the BC, Ambulance, Engine, and a Truck company) for willing to stay late

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
"Patient states she did a handful of cocaine yesterday and did 5 beer bongs. Patient states she did 4 lines of cocaine today and lost a game of beer pong". Yep, Coachella fest is in full swing.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Learned the three rules of dermatology in the OR.
1: If it is wet, make it dry.
2: If it is dry, make it wet.
3: If you can't do either use steroids.

Oh also got to intubate! They were really nice and willing to teach a lot.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
7000 vertical ski/hike descent of pikes peak? Excellent.

Picking up an extra shift in the city that starts at 630? That's gonna be a bad time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    565.7 KB · Views: 201

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
STXmedic, SA is a loud, wet place tonight. Medical Center is drenched lol. We had storms all the way in from Lake Jackson, but this is rediculous.

Anjel

Forum Angel
My sunburn has turned my skin into a nice charred consistency.

Motrin, Bendaryl, aloe, and solarcaine.

Finally was able to put a shirt on. Work is gonna be fun.